Bigger, Smaller, and Smarter Planets.

MCMaster1C

Mar 25, 2015
Dear Micdoodle8,

If you could make the other planets bigger or smaller like rather than the 256 block height limit like the earth you could make Jupiter a million blocks high with a dense atmosphere or Mercury 100 blocks high and 100 blocks wide and deep so you could make it resemble the real thing. Now I Know that would be a lot of Coding and could take a while but I think that it could easily be done. Making the planets more custom and more realistic and would make this mod more successful and awesome(not that it isn't already!). Anyway thanks for reading if you get to read it that would be great Thanks.

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Well, before Minecraft had its chunk format updated to "Anvil", the y axis was limited to a maximum of 128 blocks. Though I'm afraid already increasing the format further to 16x16x512 (twice that of Anvil) would eat more memory than parts of this community could tolerate. On the other hand, it's easy restricting the max build height without needing altering the current chunk format.

Though if we're going to speak about actual realism, the maximum build height would be higher on lower-gravity worlds, since weaker gravity means less strain on larger structures. Also, one of the existing concept ideas is there are smaller celestial bodies with even more extreme terrain elevations in comparison to the Overworld. There could also be words that focus more on subterrain elements rather than the surface. If the 256 blocks height limit was further restricted it would cripple some really important design plans.