Oxygen fills room, not outside :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChipsGray

Mar 20, 2013
Would it be possible to make the oxygen created from the distributors just fill the building that are made, if there is a hole or gap in a building then it wont work, only when a building is fully sealed then it would work, and also the airlocks would act as walls not open space so oxygen could not escape the airlocks.

Electroninja

Mar 18, 2013
It wouldn’t actually be that hard to code something like this if the air generation design worked as a finite fluid. regenerated only as often as the distributor added more, plus a breach would move the player slightly based on the principles of normal minecraft fluids.

Megastannyboy

Mar 12, 2013
I really support this idea.

But i think it would be nice if the air which would normaly be outside, fill in areas outside of the regular round bubble shape. For example: You have a small, square base, with a tunnel for the entrance. The air should flow into the corners of the base and into the tunnel.

I hope you understand what I mean.

PeppermintPig

Mar 25, 2013
Not unlike the flow of water, there would need to be a whole dynamic for the tendency of oxygen in a vacuum to occupy that vacuum. I'm not sure how system intensive it would be, but it would always have to be checking supply/pressure and whether it had sufficient supply to fill the room.

Insufficient supply of oxygen would then be best handled by a frequency of damage relative to the density of air if you were trying to openly breathe. Planets with thin atmosphere could also be treated appropriately and require less oxygen generation to normalize Steve's requirements.

It sounds doable but in need of a lot of testing. Combined with airlocks could be made more realistic.

Theforeseen1

Mar 24, 2013
Dude I I think I basically took your Idea and put in my own words check airlock seals bro
But I think your idea is amazing
I don't like the oxygen

Woonitu

Mar 25, 2013
I think an Oxygen-System like the one wich this mod has (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...mpatibility-update-v2-this-time-its-personal/) would be cool.

(Just an Idea )

:D Galacticraft is totally awesome, I think.

i had the same idea, galacticraft is a much better mod, but the oxygen system in majikguy's mod is far superior, i really hate galacticraft's oxygen system. i'm not opposed to being able to create air bubbles on the surface of planets and moons for emergencies, but i believe a better system for space stations and such should be initiated, one that fills the room, or if we keep the bubbles, make them better.

Reactions: mark332

TomDRV

Mar 29, 2013
Fully support this. I've just made a base on the moon and filled it up with oxygen. but then I get these really scruffy looking oxygen bubbles comin out the walls of the base so I can walk just outside of the base without a mask. can air only be made in enclosed space and when a block breaks the enclosed space it de-pressurises and all non full block e.g torches, chests, wires, pipes, pictures all break and get sucked out through the hole and scattered just outside? That would b awesome. and also no dimension jumping you phiccly fly to the space station and to other planets. (so if I wanted to I could go in creative and fly to the planets and space station. And it would be possible to make a space elevator to the space station. (this could also mean better use for telescopes) Also with the ICBM mod in voltz you could launch ,missiles at the moon!

Max5081

Mar 27, 2013
Fully support this. I've just made a base on the moon and filled it up with oxygen. but then I get these really scruffy looking oxygen bubbles comin out the walls of the base so I can walk just outside of the base without a mask. can air only be made in enclosed space and when a block breaks the enclosed space it de-pressurises and all non full block e.g torches, chests, wires, pipes, pictures all break and get sucked out through the hole and scattered just outside? That would b awesome. and also no dimension jumping you phiccly fly to the space station and to other planets. (so if I wanted to I could go in creative and fly to the planets and space station. And it would be possible to make a space elevator to the space station. (this could also mean better use for telescopes) Also with the ICBM mod in voltz you could launch ,missiles at the moon!
He cannot (as far as I know) make it load all the planets and space stations on one dimension, the overworld. It WILL crash sometime after start from loss of memory (AKA: "Minecraft has run out of memory!")
Though the ICBM mod, launching missiles to the moon would almost defy logic with the basic missiles, but with some kind of "extra fuel" thing and "better armor" and a lot of that stuff, it would work!

Bubbletinge12

Mar 29, 2013
I agree with ChipsGray, Maybe if you open the airlock when you have air, you will be pulled to the airlock or any open part to outer space. That would be my little idea =3

ChipsGray

Mar 20, 2013
Well the question was not intended for this current build of the mod, so this honestly makes your point invalid.

Benoni

Oct 20, 2013
I like this idea but... There is already an oxygen sealer i don't want another one

Status
Not open for further replies.