Pick a Breathable gas, now with homeworlds!

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
Im nowhere but also everywhere
By that I was just using an example when I mentioned plants. And your thinking of Carbon Monoxide not Carbon Dioxide. Carbon Monoxide is created by fossil fuel burning when there is not enough oxygen when you burn the fuel. That is what people mean when they refer to Carbon Dioxide poisoning. Carbon Dioxide just prevents you from breathing. Holding your breath makes you run out of oxygen, and when you do you start producing Carbon Monoxide. I was agreeing with you when you were talking about the balancing features. And Mars and Venus do have 3% nitrogen in their atmosphere, so it is breathable, if you can breath nitrogen. Unfortunately, Venus has lots of Carbon Monoxide (and acids) and Mars' atmosphere has too low of a density to be breathed. But still, this seems pretty unrealistic: You change the entire human bio-chemistry down to the DNA level, just so you don't have to bring Oxygen tanks with you? That kind of makes you a different organism in my opinion. And it is chemically impossible to breath any other atmospheric bass other than nitrogen. You breath Oxygen by reacting the Oxygen molecule with the Carbon atom to release energy. CO2 has no obtainable chemical potential in the human body, unless you have a very reactive chemical in your lungs, which would destroy them. Nitrogen is a largely inert gas, so it is impossible to breath, unless you have a very reactive compound, of which there is precious few. I was not criticising your ideas, just pointing out how unrealistic this idea is. If it can ever be done, it would be a near end game event likely involving genetic modification. What isn't unlikely though, is some machine that turns CO2 into Oxygen and Carbon, and you could then breath the Oxygen, so you are technically 'breathing' the CO2
...im not going to bother typing out another long post explaining things again so ill just say that, yes I accidently mixed up carbon monoxcide and carbon dioxcide and no 3% isn't breathable for obvious reasons. This feature would fit in, your just not seeing it since you are attempting to force real life realism into this... minecraft is a game about cubes, not everything is going to be realistic with mods. Not even the terrafirmacraft mod, a mod all about realism in survival mode makes the game 100% realistic to prevent itself from sucking the fun out :/

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
Nope, not fully realistic. Galacticraft tries to have a blend of realism and fun. It would be impossible to have galacticraft fully realistic for obvious reasons that I really shouldn't have the explai and all the proof you need to this fact is the existence of the teleporters and energy beam stuff that's already implemented :/

....even the dungeons are nowhere near realistic as well as mobs spawning on other planetary bodies and moons. Dues to these various reasons your argument of 'it isn't realistic' isn't really enough to say this is a bad idea.

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
Look I don't know, they might add breathable gases? It dosent really matter, cause all the hardcore players will reject it. It might be some kind of config thing, like: allowbreathingofCO2=true/false and allowbreathingofnitrogen=true/false and things like percentageofair=0-100% to determine how much air in the atmosphere is needed to be breathable.

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
I have already agreed configurable options are needed for something like... like I have on most of my past posts here. Your view on how it doesn't matter because all hardcore players would reject it isn't really 100% true either since the way I planned most of it out is not only pretty balanced so people obsessed with balance wouldn't dismiss it right off the bat but this feature can add quite a bit of possibility for hardcore players to experiment with as well... and if they didn't like it then they ignore it and go about galacticraft as they normally do, that simple.
After all, it doesn't change anything unless you change it yourself is one of the main parts stated... don't like it then don't use it.

Reactions: Codym2405

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
I have already agreed configurable options are needed for something like... like I have on most of my past posts here. Your view on how it doesn't matter because all hardcore players would reject it isn't really 100% true either since the way I planned most of it out is not only pretty balanced so people obsessed with balance wouldn't dismiss it right off the bat but this feature can add quite a bit of possibility for hardcore players to experiment with as well... and if they didn't like it then they ignore it and go about galacticraft as they normally do, that simple.
After all, it doesn't change anything unless you change it yourself is one of the main parts stated... don't like it then don't use it.
Cool, I agree. It should be added, but able to be disabled if you don't want it. I agree with this idea

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Cool, I agree. It should be added, but able to be disabled if you don't want it. I agree with this idea

If you don't want it, then you just wouldn't do it. The default would still be the same as everyone starts off with in Minecraft.

Just like in Witchery you can turn into a Werewolf or Vampire. If you don't want to be a Werewolf or Vampire, you just don't go through the process required to become one.