Config files for certain settings?

Dec 7, 2015
Perhaps there could be a list of entities in the config file that are excluded from suffocation ticks? I use Custom NPCs, and my NPCs are cartoon characters and not humans, so they really shouldn't need to breathe. I really think that this would be a good idea.
And another one: Maybe a config file to edit entity and item IDs? Build 3.0.14.375 and earlier had this, but the later versions don't, and there's an ID conflict with Flan's mod in later versions, and I can't fix it since it's not in the config file anymore. If anyone wants to know, it's the moon buggy that conflicts.

Reactions: dimion123

dimion123

Dec 14, 2015
I second this idea. I've been having this crazy idea of adding Lycanites mobs (which config allows for selecting dimensions/biomes where certain mobs spawn) to Galaxy Space planets, which are otherwise barren (and too much alike because of the similar mobs). This would make the exploration of the planets much more interesting (and difficult).

Reactions: AGiLE-EaGLE1994
Dec 7, 2015
I second this idea. I've been having this crazy idea of adding Lycanites mobs (which config allows for selecting dimensions/biomes where certain mobs spawn) to Galaxy Space planets, which are otherwise barren (and too much alike because of the similar mobs). This would make the exploration of the planets much more interesting (and difficult).
I agree.
The Moon, and Mars are too similar, and the same is true with a lot of the Addon planets as well.
They're basically just retextured versions of the same planet.
The only major difference is the ores that you can get and the fact that Mars doesn't have villages.
I wish Mars DID have villages though, it would make more sense than the Moon having them, because Mars has an atmosphere. Also, I think there should be a config file to disable the thermal protection stuff so you don't have to wear thermal padding, because the padding is annoying and looks bad, and it doesn't animate at the same speed that my player character does.

dimion123

Dec 14, 2015
@AGiLE-EaGLE1994. My experience is rather different from yours. I've seen different people on servers, mostly helpful and nice to play with though.

On topic, I do wish micdoodle8 adds a config option for excluding mobs from those suffocating (maybe even separately for each planet). This would introduce variety to planets.

Edit: hehe, realised I directed my response to the wrong person =)

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
@Ezer'Arch . Not sure what you mean, but if you mean that should adding mobs work in single or multiplayer. then both.
I asked because the workaround, I mean, the solution I have probably works only on Single Player, as multiplayer requires server permission.

There's a mod called In-Game NBTEdit. I used it to make my NPCs invulnerable to space vacuum (and to everything else).

Once the mod is installed: hover your cursor over the NPC and type /nbtedit. Search "Invulnerable" datatag, set it to 1. Save. Now the NPC can't get hurt, ever.

Backup your worlds!

2015-12-22_08.20.55.png

Last edited: