Time to bug more humans.... Space Station Docking

Yes or No

• Total voters

Riroo

Feb 7, 2016
Whoo! Lets say you absolutely love the easy simple docking well i'm here to tell you we should make it harder! Not that hard mind you but the space station comes with the docking balcony but what if there was a simple dock that you craft would need to connect to at a nice velocity. Like with the moon landing system except if you go to fast you slam through the dock and slowness is just, well, slow. Now your like no way i dont want to harm my precious newly made space station with some minor carelessness. Well im going to tell you it will be a similar process of making the Space Station to repairing it. All you need is some steel, tin, and aluminum not too hard ehh? Cool I'm done now.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Maybe in future. Personally I love watching space station docking. But judging from other space games, 90% of gamers don't like slow docking, people don't have the patience for it.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch
Apr 5, 2014
Germany
90% of gamers don't like slow docking, people don't have the patience for it.
which makes it even more Impressive when someone nailed it.
but when more realistic stuff, like slow docking would be a thing. i would hope that it works like the Hardmode in FTB Infinity (one command to change it all...)

Riroo

Feb 7, 2016
"90% of gamers don't like slow docking, people don't have the patience for it."

*Cry

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
So you mean, you have to actually manually dock your rocket to the space station? I'm against that. BUUT, I think a dock would still be nice. You build it into a wall, and the rocket either just spawns outside or automatically flies and attaches to the next free dock.

dimion123

Dec 14, 2015
I second Pra's vision of it. However, the "automatic landing" can be implemented similarly to Moon landing, i.e., you have to press space to slow down, otherwise, your rocket blows your landing dock into pieces.

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
the "automatic landing" can be implemented similarly to Moon landing, i.e., you have to press space to slow down, otherwise, your rocket blows your landing dock into pieces.
would be cool, but i imagine that a bit Painful...
for example when a player launches to space and clicked on the station (that was built before the "docking update") and he goes to get something to drink while the station is loading. then he comes back and finds himself in the death-screen surrounded by a destroyed station and sees the chat message reading: "X forgot how to Space-Station and Died in a Spectacular Explosion."

but then again, i never used the rockets more than once. just flew onto the next tier Planet/moon, made my little Station, placed the Mekanism portal with a Tesseract next to it. and done :p

Riroo

Feb 7, 2016
Explosions do not propagate in space first so therefore it would not create a massive boom but a minor one also you could just aim the spacecraft you could then just land it out a different part of the space station. I am not being very specific on you need perfect velocity my original idea was something like the moon landing, where you press the space bar and you need to be below a certain velocity, or you could make an auto dock place it and it would do the same thing that it does to you now.

( "you slam through the dock" also I said this not a large explosion so you would just plummet to earth, this would not kill you because it would make you receive the same effect when you come back to earth, you're on a parachute and your giant spacecraft is magically shoved into a little box.) this could then be resolved with the little repair button mentioned above.