How do I transport Methane Gas to the Gas Liquefier?

Braanflakes

Jun 11, 2013
I apologize in advance if this has been answered anywhere else, but I have tried looking through the forum and the wiki on the gases page, and the page for the Methane Synthesizer and Gas Liquefier with no luck. I know on the wiki it states that you can transport the gas out of the Methane Synthesizer using "a fluid pipe from another mod with fluid pipes", but no fluid pipes have worked so far. I have tried using Buildcraft and Ender IO pipes to no avail. I have read online that Mekanism provides support for gas transportation through pressurized pipes, but unfortunately Mekanism is not installed on the modpack I am currently playing on. Does anyone know if I am not doing something correctly or if I just have to use Mekanism?

Thanks!

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Well, there's no special pipe for methane. You'll need to use canisters (and probably hoppers to automate it) or pipes from another mod, such as Mekanism.

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
Ender IO can also Transfer Gasses via Gas Conduits, but only when you got Mekanism too. but it's useful with other mods too, as you can Transfer ME-Channels, Fluids, Energy, Gasses, Red-Signals and Items in the same block (only up to 4, sadly).

Braanflakes

Jun 11, 2013
Thanks guys. I'll have to either look into the canister automation using hoppers or try to install Mekanism into this modpack.

Side note to Ezer'Arch: Are you guys looking for any help in developing this mod? I know I saw in the FAQ to talk to micdoodle8 in the IRC, but I haven't seen him on there yet so I haven't had a chance to ask.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Are you guys looking for any help in developing this mod?
Help is welcome!

Micdoodle has recently been a bit active on Galacticraft GitHub approving translations, bugfixes and other minor code changes, and codding a bit himself. You would be more successful to reach him via GitHub than over IRC or Twitter.

Whole Galacticraft's source code and its assets are available on GitHub and open for contributions, along with the issue list: https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft

Braanflakes

Jun 11, 2013
Help is welcome!

Micdoodle has recently been a bit active on Galacticraft GitHub approving translations, bugfixes and other minor code changes, and codding a bit himself. You would be more successful to reach him via GitHub than over IRC or Twitter.

Whole Galacticraft's source code and its assets are available on GitHub and open for contributions, along with the issue list: https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft

Thanks! I'll definitely take a look at the GitHub repository and issue list and see if I can make any contributions.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Playstation3

Jan 17, 2016
Try placing the gas liquifier import side next to the methane synth output side.

You can use buildcraft fluid pipes also.

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
Try placing the gas liquifier import side next to the methane synth output side.

You can use buildcraft fluid pipes also.
but BC ones are the worse... and they only Transfer Liquids (as far as i know). and with Mekanism and EnderIO, you can Transfer them and store them (Ultimate Gas Tank from Mekanism :D)

Playstation3

Jan 17, 2016
but BC ones are the worse... and they only Transfer Liquids (as far as i know). and with Mekanism and EnderIO, you can Transfer them and store them (Ultimate Gas Tank from Mekanism :D)
I'm 70% sure that BC pipes can transfer gasses. At least with my mods. I dont have a specific BC addon for that though. Gasses are technically fluids, and BC has fluid pipes.

Braanflakes

Jun 11, 2013
I'm 70% sure that BC pipes can transfer gasses. At least with my mods. I dont have a specific BC addon for that though. Gasses are technically fluids, and BC has fluid pipes.

My server is running CrundeeCraft from the ATLauncher and it has BC/Ender IO but it doesn't have Mekanism. As far as I can tell, BC by itself can't transfer methane gas. All of the research I've done has pointed to Mekanism as the go-to mod for transporting gases. Maybe you have a more up to date version of BC than me?

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
Wiki only mentions that BC tanks can store Gasses. but not that the Pipes can Transfer them too. Gases are Different from Fluids, Ender IO's Fluid conduits can't transfer them, Mekanism's Mechanical Pipes can't do that too. why would BC be able to? a mod with no gases... *sigh* i'll just check that later again...

speaking of Checking, i need to install Rotarycraft to see if Mekanism's Thermo cable Connect and Transfer the same kind of Heat... that would make stuff easier.

Playstation3

Jan 17, 2016
Wiki only mentions that BC tanks can store Gasses. but not that the Pipes can Transfer them too. Gases are Different from Fluids, Ender IO's Fluid conduits can't transfer them, Mekanism's Mechanical Pipes can't do that too. why would BC be able to? a mod with no gases... *sigh* i'll just check that later again...

speaking of Checking, i need to install Rotarycraft to see if Mekanism's Thermo cable Connect and Transfer the same kind of Heat... that would make stuff easier.

Confirmed tested in creative mode, with extra utilities installed. Transfer nodes can transfer gasses, and BC pipes can transfer gasses. Tank on the left is hydrogen tank with a transfer node into the methane synthesizer, with an emerald pipe flowing into a gas liquifier.Also works with a redstone engine and wooden extraction pipe. Could be an extra utilities thing, but it works on my end. No config option found, only tested in creative. My game registers all gasses as fluids, however you can't place all of them in fluid form the world. Default cofig settings. Update buildcraft maybe?
NamqkeC.png

C7jurS3.png

Braanflakes

Jun 11, 2013
Confirmed tested in creative mode, with extra utilities installed. Transfer nodes can transfer gasses, and BC pipes can transfer gasses. Tank on the left is hydrogen tank with a transfer node into the methane synthesizer, with an emerald pipe flowing into a gas liquifier.Also works with a redstone engine and wooden extraction pipe. Could be an extra utilities thing, but it works on my end. No config option found, only tested in creative. My game registers all gasses as fluids, however you can't place all of them in fluid form the world. Default cofig settings. Update buildcraft maybe?

What version of BuildCraft are you using? My server is running 7.0.25, so I'm assuming that's the issue.

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
ok, that seems to work. unexpected but it does...
Little Question, what does the methane synthesizer in the first place? must be Important if you want to run it.

Playstation3

Jan 17, 2016
Little Question, what does the methane synthesizer in the first place? must be Important if you want to run it.
Makes methane from hydrogen and frag carbon (or mars atmoshpere), which can be liquified into fuel.

With a few hours caving, under default oilgen settings, you'd have enough oil to last a pretty damn long time. Thats with no other mods.

Braanflakes

Jun 11, 2013

Where we set up "NASA" in my server, we had a small pocket of natural oil that provided us with enough fuel to make just enough trips to the moon and mars, but there wasn't another nearby oil source. Luckily, we were able to use these machines and as long as we have coal and water, we essentially have an infinite fuel source to power our rockets or anything else we need fuel for.

@Playstation3 It looks as though with my version of BuildCraft, gasses are not supported with fluid pipes so I am pretty much SOL on fully automating my fuel setup. Thanks for the research!

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
Where we set up "NASA" in my server, we had a small pocket of natural oil that provided us with enough fuel to make just enough trips to the moon and mars, but there wasn't another nearby oil source. Luckily, we were able to use these machines and as long as we have coal and water, we essentially have an infinite fuel source to power our rockets or anything else we need fuel for.

NASA in Minecraft? Awesome, but i got not many Qualifications or time to ask if i could help, also what's the Pack you are playing? xD
Water is Infinite due to many mods (Extra Utilities, Ender IO, etc.)
and Coal can be Infinite due to MFR's Lasers or IE's Excavator. (in my Private pack i messed with MineTweaker and Configs to make IE's Mineral Deposits Infinite. :D)
with the Synthesizer stuff, Mars can basically power your Interplanetary Adventures!
maybe i install GC too to see if i can change some stuff.

##-----------#-----------#-----------#-----------#-----------#-----------##
Warning, useless and out-of-context stuff ahead, Ignore if you don't care.
Sometimes i wish Rockets would have more... Customibility. you know, like Steve's Carts but more useful, Tier based... and less time consuming and more Dynamic? just to be like: "2 Chests, 3 Heavy Oxygen Tanks, 1 Resonant Energy Cell, maybe some more Heavy duty plating for Armor. a Alloy Smelter to go and 400B of Fluid Storage and a Tier 1 Fuel-Engine. it's only the Fuel which is slower than the RF-Engine and makes the fly-time longer, but hey... i got Oil."
See what i mean? would takes months maybe even years to program that all, including the Compatibly between mods and GC, but admit it... it would be freaking Awesome.

ok, i'm done.. back to Context. i'm kinda sorry :/

Braanflakes

Jun 11, 2013
NASA in Minecraft? Awesome, but i got not many Qualifications or time to ask if i could help, also what's the Pack you are playing? xD
Water is Infinite due to many mods (Extra Utilities, Ender IO, etc.)
and Coal can be Infinite due to MFR's Lasers or IE's Excavator. (in my Private pack i messed with MineTweaker and Configs to make IE's Mineral Deposits Infinite. :D)
with the Synthesizer stuff, Mars can basically power your Interplanetary Adventures!
maybe i install GC too to see if i can change some stuff.

Warning, useless and out-of-context stuff ahead, Ignore if you don't care.
Sometimes i wish Rockets would have more... Customibility. you know, like Steve's Carts but more useful, Tier based... and less time consuming and more Dynamic? just to be like: "2 Chests, 3 Heavy Oxygen Tanks, 1 Resonant Energy Cell, maybe some more Heavy duty plating for Armor. a Alloy Smelter to go and 400B of Fluid Storage and a Tier 1 Fuel-Engine. it's only the Fuel which is slower than the RF-Engine and makes the fly-time longer, but hey... i got Oil."
See what i mean? would takes months maybe even years to program that all, including the Compatibly between mods and GC, but admit it... it would be freaking Awesome.

ok, i'm done.. back to Context. i'm kinda sorry :/

I'm playing CrundeeCraft on the ATLauncher. Unfortunately, it lacks Mekanism which would be REALLY useful for a lot of tech-related things I need. Also, I didn't know water is infinite in Extra Utililities/Ender IO.. I have always just created an infinite water source using two buckets of water in vanilla Minecraft.

I agree with the idea that rockets should have more customizing options. For instance, even just being able to change the color of parts and putting your flag on it would be great. :)

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
yup, on the water thing Reservoir from Ender IO (it's Ingame-Description says how to use it). and Transfer node (Liquid) with n World Interaction Upgrades above a Infinite Water source.
little tip for Large Buildings using Extra Utilities: Transfer node (Items) on a cobblestone, on one side of the cobble is water, on the opposite side lava. World Interaction Upgrades in the Node for a clean, fast and lag-less Cobble Generator. (amount of WI-Upgrades = amount of Cobble)
using Ender IO's Crafter (Upgraded), Item Conduits and DSU/Drawers/Barrels you can makes a passive fast lag-less Compressed Cobble Farm :D

have fun.
(because you said Private server i thought you had a Custom modpack xD)