Space Cruiser (needs better name)

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

tywilburn16

Sep 15, 2015
About
I made this suggestion as more of a realism kinda thing. I would also like to travel to planets in something other than whats used throughout the mod, im kinda trying to draw up something like this could look like and what would be used to craft it.

The Cruiser

This would be mostly useful for going to planets that aren't in our solar system (if that's actually put in), so its kinda more of an end-game thing. Anyway, this is placed upright on a launchpad (like a rocket) however allows for better control, and doesn't remove the launchpad, it can be made to either require energy or fuel (depends on how its crafted). If there's a battery or any fluid storage with fuel in it it would automatically refuel itself (even though it should have a pretty high storage capacity for both). It would also allow people to install different modules and components to allow for custom designs (like dyes for the components, different thrusters, maybe using a different EU/RF/GJ storage item, etc)

Travel
traveling in the cruiser is somewhat simple, the planets stay in one place (kinda eases things up), and there would be small arrows that tell you somewhat where the planets are. This is time consuming, to to make its somewhat more realistic to me, rather than launching up and then winding up on Mars within seconds. This would actually probably have to take place in a different dimension (maybe with an ID of 256 to avoid conflicts, never saw that as a DIM-ID in any mod).

NOTE: I am kinda updating this as I think of other ways it can be explained and possibly implemented.

Riroo

Feb 7, 2016
So your saying a more space travel game where you can actually control the ship in space and choose where u want to go right?

C.L.

Jul 4, 2016
I think you can already do this with launch pads and controllers. Get a launch controller and attach it to a launch pad, then right click on the controller to open the GUI then set up the IDs.

Aug 10, 2016
exactly what C.L. said, i have a base in the Overworld, the Moon, Mars, two in the asteroids, and a space station which i named
M.I.S.S (Minecraft International Space Station). each one has a launch pad, and launch controller, set accordingly:
Overworld: 1
Moon: 2
Mars: 3
Asteroids: 4 & 5
Space Station: 6

This setup works great, i never use up launch pads, and i always land at my base.

I vote NO because the developers have already implemented it and it would make it easier for players and developers alike to have it stay the same,