Venus Addition - Baloon Colonies

David Aronson

Jul 26, 2013
"
Why not Venus?
Venus is one of the most inhospitable places to life in the Solar System, with an insanely hot surface temperature of 462 °C, atmospheric pressure 92 times that on Earth, a poisonous atmosphere, and sulphuric acid rain. You do not want to go there.

Actually I do want to go there!
Good luck with that. See previous answer."
- Micdoodle8

I'm here to suggest an idea for Venus.

The first question is however, Why Venus?
- Due to Venus's High temperature, and Gas, I thought, why not add in new ways of generating energy in GC?
Not just Solar Panels and Generators. I think it would be nice to add a geothermal generator into GC, that digs down in the deeper part of Venus, and collects Heat-Energy.
-Also with the amount of Gas in Venus, why not use the Atmospheric Valve to collect CO2? You can then separate in a machine, leaving the Oxygen for later use.

But how do you even survive on Venus?
- Google Venus Cloud City, and watch a video, and read the article(I can't post links)
Essentially, why not make floating Colonies? It could be useful for research, and similar to Tent Colonies, you can setup multiple tents and link them.

How to get the air to float? Atmospheric Valve within that collects CO2, and uses the O2

Basic Setup
- When you are landing in Venus, the tent automatically deploys(There's a video in the link to show this), and it has an atmospheric valve already(put in crafting recipe), and it slowly extends.

It will be similar to the Space Station with the structure floating, and the Air Bubble with it being inflated.

Hope you like this idea

dimion123

Dec 14, 2015
Love the idea. How about you transfer the thread to the suggestions forum? I think that's the right place for it and there, it will get more visibility.

S_Hacker

Jan 19, 2014
Antarctica
"
Why not Venus?
Venus is one of the most inhospitable places to life in the Solar System, with an insanely hot surface temperature of 462 °C, atmospheric pressure 92 times that on Earth, a poisonous atmosphere, and sulphuric acid rain. You do not want to go there.

Actually I do want to go there!
Good luck with that. See previous answer."
- Micdoodle8

I'm here to suggest an idea for Venus.

The first question is however, Why Venus?
- Due to Venus's High temperature, and Gas, I thought, why not add in new ways of generating energy in GC?
Not just Solar Panels and Generators. I think it would be nice to add a geothermal generator into GC, that digs down in the deeper part of Venus, and collects Heat-Energy.
-Also with the amount of Gas in Venus, why not use the Atmospheric Valve to collect CO2? You can then separate in a machine, leaving the Oxygen for later use.

But how do you even survive on Venus?
- Google Venus Cloud City, and watch a video, and read the article(I can't post links)
Essentially, why not make floating Colonies? It could be useful for research, and similar to Tent Colonies, you can setup multiple tents and link them.

How to get the air to float? Atmospheric Valve within that collects CO2, and uses the O2

Basic Setup
- When you are landing in Venus, the tent automatically deploys(There's a video in the link to show this), and it has an atmospheric valve already(put in crafting recipe), and it slowly extends.

It will be similar to the Space Station with the structure floating, and the Air Bubble with it being inflated.

Hope you like this idea

I suppose this would be a better idea for the Gas/Ice giants. Venus should be habitable with special tier 2/tier 3 thermal padding or something, or special armor, I don't know. I mean it's a rocky planet, and GC isn't 100% realistic...

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Quoting from another topic:
Hey @radfast, I'm willing to trade "not adding Venus at all" for "not able to land on Venus surface".

“However, viewed in a different way, the problem with Venus is merely that the ground level is too far below the one atmosphere level. At cloud-top level, Venus is the paradise planet.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_Venus#Aerostat_habitats_and_floating_cities
http://spacemonitor.blogspot.com/2007/05/floating-city-on-venus.html