Artificial Planets

David Aronson

Jul 26, 2013
Humanity has thought of many interesting ideas on how to colonize the final frontier. One of those ideas includes creating an Artificial Planet, or a spherical Space Station if you like to be technical.

For some examples of an Artificial Planet:
- Cybertron from Transformers
- Genesis Planet from Star Trek
- Death Star

Of course, why add it to Galacticraft?
  • To add more value
  • Make a shortcut to other planets(Example: A Artificial Moon between Earth and Mars that requires just a Tier 1 Rocket to reach Mars, instead of Tier 2)
  • Making Solar Energy

Of course, how can we implement this into GC?

An Exo-Planet crafting Bench
  • Choosing the Surface and Subterrian Material
  • Choosing the World Generation Type: Flat, Hills, etc
  • Choosing the Planet-Type: Moon, Exo-Planet, City-Planet(more on that in a bit), etc
  • Choosing x number of generated structures, or adding your own via MC Edit, or by making them and saving them on to a item called a Build Planner
  • You can make cities by grouping up certain generated structures if you want
  • Option for Chemical Makeup: If it's chemical make-up is similar to Earth's, you can breath
  • Option for Meteor Protection

After you have crafted the Planet, you make a Rocket that sends it to whichever part of Space you'd like.

You can get there via
  • Rocket
  • Teleportation(Via Quantum Entanglement)

Any other suggestions for this idea?

David Aronson

Jul 26, 2013
Can't be done. GC does not support dynamically-added planets. Trust me, I've tried...
Can't we temporarily add a Instant Structure Cube(Because that's how Minecraft works) that can have an X, Y, and Z, and can be made up of any material. The gravity works in such a manner that it changes your position if you reach another side.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
No, the problem is, Galacticraft cannot handle celestial bodies (those on the planet selection screen) being added dynamically. Dimensions you can add as much as you please, at any time.

David Aronson

Jul 26, 2013
No, the problem is, Galacticraft cannot handle celestial bodies (those on the planet selection screen) being added dynamically. Dimensions you can add as much as you please, at any time.
Why not have it similar to to the Space Station setup, where you can add X number of them? Or is building the terrain different from making a Space station?

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Hm wait. This is a suggestion for GC itself. For some reason I was thinking about you suggesting an addon...
If course adding some celestial body sync code, or a type of space station that can orbit a sun instead of a planet, would be possible if you can change the code of GC itself. But I think a feature like this would be better in an addon, the most GC itself should do is adding support for it...

Nov 10, 2016
The Fast Way:
Create a Space Station
Rename with a Custom Name
Create a Artificial Atmosphere with blocks of Galaticraft
Place a Energy Maker (Example:Solar Painel)
Spawn Mobs in Oxygen Area
etc.

Obs:I Am Brazilian

Jake1702

Nov 20, 2016
I honestly think this would be a nice idea, like if you don't like any of the planets enough to live on one, solve that issue by making your own!

Apr 29, 2017
There are other mods that add their own gravity.
EDIT: Although that mod is unrelated to this forum, it adds spheroids and this could help.