Help reducing the numbers of Oxygen sealers needed or a space.

Kajolo

Nov 14, 2016
Hey there I'm running a server, and I'm having an issue with my users wanting to build space stations and planetary bases. The problem is they have about 500 oxygen sealers going right now.... the lag is ungodly. I want to reduce the number of sealers needed to fill a large area. where as right now I think the unmodified ratio is 1 sealer to 1000 blocks I need to make it about 1 to 10,000 or more. I know this kinda reduces the importance of the sealers and changes how hard you have to grind just right now the server and users can't stand the side effects of 500 some odd sealers running all the time. I don't know where to look because I've tried the configs and it's nowhere in the configs.

Thanks
Kajolo

Reactions: C.L.

C.L.

Jul 4, 2016
Hey there I'm running a server, and I'm having an issue with my users wanting to build space stations and planetary bases. The problem is they have about 500 oxygen sealers going right now.... the lag is ungodly. I want to reduce the number of sealers needed to fill a large area. where as right now I think the unmodified ratio is 1 sealer to 1000 blocks I need to make it about 1 to 10,000 or more. I know this kinda reduces the importance of the sealers and changes how hard you have to grind just right now the server and users can't stand the side effects of 500 some odd sealers running all the time. I don't know where to look because I've tried the configs and it's nowhere in the configs.

Thanks
Kajolo
Exactly. I've noticed that even when I use an infinite oxygen can and infinite battery on a sealer, it still doesn't work in a big room. I have to put more sealers to be able to make the room filled with oxygen.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
As a workaround, try using bubble distributors? In theory, they should be easier to calculate for the server.

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
I could implement some kind of 'boost' item which increases the size of the seal volume. The benefit to this is you're only increasing the range of specific sealers, which wouldn't decrease the efficiency of some guy trying to seal his little dirt hut.

You're talking a much more massive increase though. I'll probably add a config value to increase this for all sealers.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Hm, I wonder if the performance of the sealers could generally be improved. There are actual "breathable air" blocks being placed, right? Could it work if the sealers perform their sealed-checks only if one such block has recieved a onNeighborBlockChange event? like, in the onNeighborBlockChange it somehow marks the current dimension for an oxygen sealer revalidation or emits some sort of a custom event or something.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I could implement some kind of 'boost' item which increases the size of the seal volume. The benefit to this is you're only increasing the range of specific sealers, which wouldn't decrease the efficiency of some guy trying to seal his little dirt hut.
I, as little-dirt-hut igloo guy, support this. ;)

My 2¢: Instead of an item (the sealer has got 3 slots already), a drop-down menu (as in the air lock controller) with 3 options: small, medium, large area. And as a way to refrain people from building huge spaces right off the bat, the oxygen and the energy consumption should vary accordingly, something like 80, 160, 320 Air/s, and 200, 400 and 800 gJ/s.

Last edited:
Reactions: C.L.

C.L.

Jul 4, 2016

You're talking a much more massive increase though. I'll probably add a config value to increase this for all sealers.
I, as little-dirt-hut guy, support this. ;)

My 2¢: Instead of an item (the sealer has got 3 slots), a drop-down menu (as in the air lock controller) with 3 options: small, medium, large area. And as a way to refrain people from building huge spaces right off the bat, the oxygen and energy consumption should vary accordingly (80, 160, 320 Air/s, and 200, 400 and 800 gJ/s).
Here's my 2 cents: If you're using infinite oxygen with infinite batteries, it should automatically be set on large, given that @Ezer'Arch 's suggestion gets implemented. The large option should be big enough to fill a huge biodome.

I hope this and all other updates get implemented into the latest 1.7.10 version, because I'm staying with iChun's portalgun mod when he's still on 1.7.10.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Here's my 2 cents: If you're using infinite oxygen with infinite batteries, it should automatically be set on large, given that @Ezer'Arch 's suggestion gets implemented.
Hmmm, there's a "trick" in letting the player choose the size of sealed room, even with infinite oxygen/energy: If I build a space station with, say, 10 small rooms on creative mode, I would like to be able to choose "Small" because, I suppose (*), the bigger area to check/scan, the more computing consumption.

* _ I don't know the method GC uses to check for closed volumes. Depending on the method, what I'm saying can be disregarded.

C.L.

Jul 4, 2016
I got another idea. Galacticraft sealers should scan the size of the area and then if not correctly set by a player, it automatically sets it for them.

Say a player makes a huge base/station/house/whatever. He puts a sealer and puts in everything required. Let's say the default size is medium. The sealing size required for their base is large. The player leaves it alone and it auto-sets itself to large.