Jailbreak, but in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

Stone Rhino

Jan 30, 2016
I just finished off blightfall with one other person (this took us since mid Feb to pull off!) and had a brilliant idea. What if I could make a jailbreak scenario/quest type of map where you're imprisoned on a space station?

Its been bugging the heck out of me to do something like this but I have no where to start and zero code abilities. I'm more of the person that fixes the machine you code on.

As GC is pretty much going to be the "core" of this whole thing, I figured I would at least ask the GC team if this would be acceptable. It may be necessary to modify a recipe or break a default behavior to make it pan out.

I dont know. Its just something I've wanted to do for a long time. Thoughts please, call me an <insert name>, whatever. I'd like to know if this is something that people would actually do.

DataSoong_

Apr 23, 2017
I recommend you to use MineTweaker. I don't think you need to make a whole mod for it. It's simple do learn to use it.
I can't post the link, i don't have 10 posts yet.

Stone Rhino

Jan 30, 2016
I recommend you to use MineTweaker. I don't think you need to make a whole mod for it. It's simple do learn to use it.

Minetweaker, yes I've looked at it before, but many mod owners do NOT like you breaking their tech progressions. I can name a few AE and RotaryCraft are two such. As this will be 1.10.2, RotaryCraft will not be a problem (going to miss it).

The Coding part is LUA and other nonsense needed for things like using computercraft to trigger events. HQM is another great tool that I'lll be looking at.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
> More friendly on 1.7.10 and back then 1.8.9 and foward

Your evidence for this?

------

@Stone Rhino you're welcome to tweak as much as you like as long as it's totally obvious to your players that it's not standard Galacticraft recipes - we don't want people complaining that the recipes on the Wiki don't work. You can also have a look through Sponge plugins, possibly there's a plugin which already does some of what you want. Galacticraft is compatible with Sponge.

I would think you don't actually need to change recipes at all. Jailbreak is not about crafting, it's all about permissions, doors, stuff like that.