Atomic Battery

Someone

Apr 21, 2017
I spotted an "Atomic Battery" in JEI. (It's NOT the creative battery)
It has infinite energy but low output, which seems pretty nice to have. There's no recipe for it though, so do does one obtain it in Survival?
Or is it not obtainable yet?

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Are you playing the beta? Currently it's set to be a possible treasure item in the Venus dungeons treasure chest, though that might be changing to something involving the Crashed Probe on Venus.

The Atomic Battery will not be craftable with materials which can be mined - it's always going to involve found items. (If this item was craftable with materials which can be mined, you could just craft 100 Atomic Batteries, fill up some Energy Storage Modules with them, and have infinite power for ever!)

Someone

Apr 21, 2017
Ah I haven't found a Venus Dungeon yet, so that explains it.
Thanks for the info. :)
I guess it makes sense to not have it craftable.
Although it's not THAT good. It's really just a very portable solar panel.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I haven't played Amun-Ra, though I have seen a video: it looks great, and worth supporting.

Thanks for mentioning that Amun-Ra has the same item. This could be a problem if they are named exactly the same, but I expect katzenpabst will find a solution, assuming he updates Amun-Ra to 1.8.9 / 1.10.2 / 1.11.2 of course.

Srsam

May 19, 2017
For the atomic battery, how do you get to the Venus dungeons? Do you need another mod?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
There is one dungeon every 700 blocks approximately (in a square). You can either search on the surface for the dungeon entrance, or dig down and mine around in tunnels until you encounter a dungeon wall.

Other mods are not needed.

The Atomic Battery is no longer a dungeon treasure item in latest Galacticraft 4 BETA versions. It's now craftable. But to craft it you need the Thermionic Core which is inside Crashed Probes. You can find Crashed Probes randomly on the surface of Venus ...

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Mh, my atomic battery works slightly different, though, it slowly auto-recharges instead of being a low-output infinite battery. The reason for this is that I have tools which run on batteries, the effect of using such a battery there is that you get a low-durability tool, but with auto-repair.

I could rename my battery, though. Or think of a way to make my tools work with infinite batteries.

edit: Atomic Batteries are a thing in RL, and are used, among others, for space exploration, so no wonder we both had the same idea :p

Bannta

Jun 9, 2013
The recipe for the atomic battery, the lead part is not working. The recipe point to GalacticraftAdvance metals ingot_lead, i believe this is a mistake as I don't believe lead is generated in galacticraft or it's not compatible with the Thermal Foundation mod for lead.

using Galacticraft-Planets-1.12.2-4.0.2.211 and GalacticraftCore-1.12.2-4.0.2.211