More config options

Someone

Apr 21, 2017
GC has some good config options, but some options for modpack balancing are currently missing.
I think the following options could be useful to have implemented at some point in the future.
Here's a few pretty handy options I just came up with:

D:"GC Mobs Damage Modifier" (default: 1.0)

Multiplies the damage dealt by ALL GC mobs.
Their damage (even on hard mode) is barely higher than Vanilla mobs.
There could be a separate modifiers for mooks & bosses.

I:"Armor-Piercing Damage dealt by GC Mobs" (default: 0)
How much armor-piercing damage GC mobs deal.
For people that don't like the 100% invincibility provided by Titanium armor.
Could also be a double which sets how much % of the mob damage is armor-piercing.

S:"Astro-Miner Blacklist" (default: <>)
Pretty self-explanatory. List of blocks that the Astro-Miner cannot mine.
Some blocks from other mods are meant to be mined in a specific way.
Astro-Miner tends to ignore this which can cause progression/balance issues or even crashes.

S:"Non-airtight blocks" (default: <>)
The opposite of "External Sealable IDs".
A list of blocks that the Oxygen Sealer should NOT recognize as solid seals.
Mostly to prevent breaking immersion, so this one is probably low-priority.

B:"Hide Thermal Padding on Players" (default: false)
When enabled, thermal padding gear will not appear on the player model.
Useful for players that dislike the way it looks or simply prefer their own skin.

B:"Hide Oxygen Gear on Players" (default: false)
Same as above but for Oxygen gear.

Existing config change suggestion:
The Dungeon Boss Health Modifier should probably not include the Evolved Creeper Boss since it can only be harmed by it's own projectiles, which means that stronger weapons from other mods should not affect it.

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
D:"GC Mobs Damage Modifier" (default: 1.0)
Multiplies the damage dealt by ALL GC mobs.
Their damage (even on hard mode) is barely higher than Vanilla mobs.
There could be a separate modifiers for mooks & bosses.

Yes, seems like a good idea

I:"Armor-Piercing Damage dealt by GC Mobs" (default: 0)
How much armor-piercing damage GC mobs deal.
For people that don't like the 100% invincibility provided by Titanium armor.
Could also be a double which sets how much % of the mob damage is armor-piercing.

I don't see how this would work, you'd still have the 'problem' of the high tier armour giving strong protection against other mobs. Anyhow, Titanium is not invincible, and the mobs damage modifier would probably already make a big difference here.

S:"Astro-Miner Blacklist" (default: <>)
Pretty self-explanatory. List of blocks that the Astro-Miner cannot mine.
Some blocks from other mods are meant to be mined in a specific way.
Astro-Miner tends to ignore this which can cause progression/balance issues or even crashes.

Yes, it's planned. Though the Astro Miner is supposed to be a very powerful end-game machine so it should be able to mine up pretty much everything, for example I would expect it to be able to mine all levels of Tinker's Construct ores as it's at least equiv tech to high level TC tools. And I don't remember seeing any report of a crash involving the Astro Miner mining a block, in the 2 years it's been in the game already - is there a crash you have in mind here?

The main reason for the blacklist is to prevent accidents. The Astro Miner by design will not mine blocks which it thinks are part of someone's base or farm. But yes, you'd also definitely want to stop it from mining up a block which actually destroys what that block is supposed to do, for example portals. End Portal frames are black listed already, for example.

I don't know what happens if you point an AstroMiner at Thaumcraft blighted areas?

That's a good idea. We like immersion. Immersion is kind of the actual point of Galacticraft, we're aiming for the feeling of being in space.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
As it happens, today we changed Galacticraft 4 so that "hard mode" now only affects technology and space movement etc. Galacticraft mob damage and speed is now taken from the standard game difficulty setting: easy / normal / hard.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth

I like this! Sometimes just listing ids that shouldn't be sealable would be a lot easier and make for a shorter list than listing the hundreds of blocks in a modpack that should be sealable.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
... than listing the hundreds of blocks in a modpack that should be sealable.

Examples please? You shouldn't normally have to list any blocks except (some) modded glass, is my intention.

Any modded block which correctly declares its sides as solid - so that torches and levers etc can be placed on the block - should be auto-detected by Galacticraft as sealable.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Regarding glass: it might help automatically adding everything with an oredict name which starts with "blockGlass", though I have no idea how many mods actually use that. Especially for special things like hardened glass or spectral/wraith/? glass, which is especially useful for airlocks :D

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I haven't noticed other mods oreDict their glass. We already flag as sealable any block which extends BlockGlass, best I can do programmatically.

I don't think it's a heavy burden for modpack creators to have to think "which modded glass and other transparent blocks are in this pack" and set them up in Galacticraft configs. That's why I want to know if - in practice - there are other modded blocks not glass which have to be set.

cantaloupeman

May 16, 2017
You missed the biggest one. Make it so the amount of dungeons that spawn can be increased. Its okay in single player, but in multiplayer I have to come up with some recipe in crafttweaker for the rocket schematics or people will get too bored searching during their hours of searching for a dungeon. The boss fights are fun, the searching isn't.