Actually Additions Mod turned off Galacticraft Oil

chezpaul

Oct 23, 2014
So it looks like Actually Additions mod turns off Galacticraft oil!
Running 1.10.2 latest 117 Galacticraft.

Is that okay ?
All my oil sources have disappeared from my map.

Should I just turn off oil in Actually Additions?

This is the server log:

[18:30:21] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Unidentified block: galacticraftcore:crude_oil_still, id 2698
[18:30:21] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Unidentified item: galacticraftcore:crude_oil_still, id 9479
[18:30:21] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader detected missing blocks/items.

There are 2 missing blocks and items in this save.
Missing Blocks/Items:

galacticraftcore:crude_oil_still
galacticraftcore:crude_oil_still

EDIT: I can't find anywhere to turn off Actually Additions oil!

Last edited:

chezpaul

Oct 23, 2014
Found my answer to my question on reddit.

Tested stuff in creative, turns out Oil from Actually Additions works #1 in Galacticraft Refinery and turns it into the appropriate fuel for the Galacticraft Rockets, means I won't have to deal with troubles with finding the oil and pumping it out since I can create it with the canola from Actually Additions in a canola press then into the fermenting barrels, I already have a setup for some oil generators in my base right now, will do a dedicated setup for Galacticraft and add a Refinery to it in my Galacticraft base.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Standard Forge behaviour is you can't have the same liquid from multiple mods, it chooses one only. (Probably, but not always, the first one alphabetically.) For example, there can only be one "oil".

If Galacticraft's oil is not the "oil" liquid then Galacticraft automatically disables its own oil source blocks in the world, and any existing will be turned to air, so this is intended behaviour. Did you add Actually Additions to your modlist after you already created a world with Galacticraft?

BTW you can also generate fuel using the Methane Synthesizer and Gas Liquefier machines.

chezpaul

Oct 23, 2014
Yes, I added Actually Additions afterwards. World was already created.
It seems to work fine. I found a big oil (actually additions) lake deep down far away. grabbed it all. And it works fine in the refiner.
I'm able to synthesize fuel for my rockets. So I'm good.
Thanks