Addon Compatibility with Computercraft

ElDonad

Feb 6, 2019
Hello folks !

I am working since a few weeks on an add-on which provide an interface between the Computercraft's computers and some of the machines of GC (the launch controller, mostly). It was originally intended for personal use and thus it is still very "hand-made" (plus I'm not an experimented modder...), but it is barely working now, and I'm curious to know if some of you are interested in a public release of the mod, or if I'm the only one who likes above all automating everything to the most insignifiant detail ^^.

This may take some time and work for me to clean it, add more functionality and decent textures, and I may need your help at some point, but hey ! This is just a suggestion. How does it sounds to you ?

P.S. : sorry no screenshot, as I my graphic talents are nearly non-existent :(, but you got the idea, didn't you ? I would be glad to answer any question !

Reactions: TheMCSpacePro

ElDonad

Feb 6, 2019
Thank you for your reply ! I have already added some basic features, and created a public repo on GitHub, with a basic wiki and all the stuff. Now I have to add a recipe for the new block, and figure out how to compile it for a release (because for some mysterious reason I cannot let any compile system run before some painful hours in configuration stuff...)
I will publish the first release on GitHub as soon at it is done.

The mod is very basic for now and only add a few features, but when I will be able to compile it easily for release, I will add new features.

If you want to, you can post suggestions in this thread and on the GitHub, and relative to my programming skill I will try to implement them.

EDIT: The first alpha release is now available on GitHub ! check it out : https://github.com/ElDonad/CCGalacticraftAddons/releases/tag/0.1a

Last edited:

Elwin11

Mar 12, 2019
I think this is Amazing! I love to automate machines and just watch m go. Can't wait for an update!

ElDonad

Feb 6, 2019
How, so glad some people are intrested in my mod !
I restarted working on it right now, and I have almost figured out how to add a proper recipe for my block.
I plan on releasing a new version somewhere around tomorrow, I hope it will work, I'm completely new to modding and everything is new and complex for me ^^

Also I plan on releasing a version for a newer version of Minecraft, but for now my priority version is 1.7 due to the fact that I'm currently playing the space astronomy v1 modpack which is in this version.

Before all that, you can already download the very first alpha release of the mod, featuring it's only block already functional ! You can check the wiki on GitHub for more details on how to use it, to summarize it allows the control of a galacticraft's launcher interface by computer, so you can for example automate your space travels, and make a network of interplanetary cargos without needing to set up one launch pad for each destination ^^

By the way don't hesitate to request or propose enhancements, I'm very open and would like to make something out of this concept !

ElDonad

Feb 6, 2019
Annnnd it is out ! The new release of the CCGalacticraft mod, which finally adds a recipe for the autolauncher interface. You can find it on the wiki, or directly ingame with the usage of NEI.
Following, a screenshot of a typical setup of an autolauncher. I plan on making a short video of demonstration.

autoLauncherInterface_typical-setup.png

ElDonad

Feb 6, 2019
Hello again ! I have made a quick (and dirty) showcase video that present the way the autolauncher interface works. Sorry for the french UI, I didn't noticed it until the montage, and have no time to remake it :( (and by the way I have horrible graphic and video editing skills, but I did my best)

Hope it will be helpful enough ! link :

ElDonad

Feb 6, 2019
New minor release ! Mostly a learning code session for me today. Though it is an important release, as I have finally implemented the last functionnality needed to fully automatize the launch controller : the ability to activate the scheduling system (the red square I had to manually turn on on the video). I have for now voluntarly omitted to implement the ability to change the controller's frequency, as it can be the cause of many troubles, but let me know what you think about that.

Also I thought it would be cool to have turtles with the ability to carry the rockets from one point to another. I will start to think about that, as well as updating the mod for newer versions of Minecraft, even if I know it will be very painful to maintain multiple versions at the same time.