Oxygen Bubble distributor and other possible improvments

nicecow

Aug 27, 2019
I've recently started playing this mod and I have a done pretty well so far, I have established a base on the moon and I am currently building it and I hope to create a large colony this has been good so far but there have been some things that I have thought of that might help establish a colony faster.

The oxygen bubble distributor is great and all, but there are some improvements.
  • I think a great idea would be to allow the bubbles to connect and create ones that could be double the size or bigger. So my thinking with this is that if two of the OBDs are placed next to each other it would create a bubble double the size and if 3 then triple, this would be incredibly helpful, smart and cool.
  • Another possible function is a new slot which would take the shield controller, why? you may ask so that a shield could be created around a certain area that would protect the area inside of the bubble from meteors or hostile mobs or both if this seems OP maybe it could not put out oxygen and just create a sealed shield. I think this would work best with the Idea above. If that is too much, maybe a new machine that creates a bubble shield and would work in a similar way to the OBD.
A Handheld Mining Drill. This may seem stupid or too good but hear me out.

• This drill could require a schematic but I think that might be kinda stupid, so what I suggest is that there are multiple tiers for this drill and each drill requires an ore from certain planet, so maybe the top tier requires lead or solar dust or something like that and the bottom tier may require diamond or emerald or something similar and then desh and titanium and so on for each tier.
  • This drill would also have infinite durability but it would have a cool-down period and an overheating period, this would mean that the user could not constantly use a drill. The cool-down period would decrease with every upgrade and the overheat time would take longer to reach. If the drill reaches maximum overheat a certain amount of times it would permanently break, and each time it reaches maximum overheat it would extend the amount of time it would take to cool down, the overheat would also make the drill non-useable until it reaches original temperature making people use it more sparingly.
  • Unbreaking and efficiency would be able to go onto the drill. Unbreaking would slow down the overheat time and efficiency would increase mining speed
  • The drill would mine as fast as a gold pickaxe may be faster, and the main difference between each tier would be the time taken to overheat.
  • This drill could require multiple pieces like a drill bit or something, but the main ingredients that remain constant could be red stone, diamond, iron, solar dust, sensor lens or glasses or an Orion drive, this is expensive because of how useful it would be
Structures
  • Space agencies on earth with villages and basic machines
  • abandoned bases on planets, that could have empty oxygen canisters and skulls and basic machines
  • EASTER EGGS - very rare structures that show things that are actually on the moon, like an American flag or something, maybe rovers could be added and the player has a random chance of encountering a rover or they could find damaged rovers on planets that could be harvested for items.

EDIT:
Some new ideas:
Trees giving out a small amount of oxygen but it is really small so would only be useful in a tiny base or beginner base

vacuum seal glass blocks, so that way you could make a dome out of the strong glass and it would look alright, and it would mean that inside the dome would be protected from meteors

If the actual glass/ window became coloured with the chromatic applicator, this would allow for some really cool builds that could resemble modern sky scrapers

Last edited:
Reactions: C.L.

QuadShot

Jun 1, 2015
Sun City, AZ
Bubble Gen's use a huge amount of oxygen, you're much better off building a small structure and using sealers. A bubble with a shield is the same thing as this(imho) I used the bubble as a guide to build this size dome
U0WDypO.png

Tree's and Crops do generate Oxygen, just place an O2 collector near it(with in 3 blocks) and it will collect O2.

You should also check out the advanced tools you can make, they can mine multiple blocks like the AA drill or Tinkers Tools.

You can add Glass(or just about any other block) to the "non-opaque blocks" in core.conf and with say EIO you can have clear glass and/or paint it to be any color you want(IF they fix the bug/regression that broke this functionality in the current release(https://github.com/SleepyTrousers/EnderIO/issues/4674 ), else you can use a previous version where it does work)

There are abandoned bases in the Asteroid Belt.

nicecow

Aug 27, 2019
Bubble Gen's use a huge amount of oxygen, you're much better off building a small structure and using sealers. A bubble with a shield is the same thing as this(imho) I used the bubble as a guide to build this size dome
U0WDypO.png

Tree's and Crops do generate Oxygen, just place an O2 collector near it(with in 3 blocks) and it will collect O2.

You should also check out the advanced tools you can make, they can mine multiple blocks like the AA drill or Tinkers Tools.

You can add Glass(or just about any other block) to the "non-opaque blocks" in core.conf and with say EIO you can have clear glass and/or paint it to be any color you want(IF they fix the bug/regression that broke this functionality in the current release(https://github.com/SleepyTrousers/EnderIO/issues/4674 ), else you can use a previous version where it does work)

There are abandoned bases in the Asteroid Belt.

With the Oxygen Bubble Distributor, I was thinking a see-through one that doesn't require you to build a dome

With the trees and crops generating oxygen, I meant in a sense where that wouldn't need a collecter to output oxygen but, it would be such a small amount it would be almost pointless, or it could be done so that you could toggle it off and on in settings

Thanks for the possible mod suggestions I'll check them out later

I know about the bases in the Asteroid Belt but I was thinking more bases on more planets