Planet Proprieties

KillarBee

Mar 10, 2013
Dear Modder

You Should Make Some Planets Have a hot floor so it can burn you and to avoid that you need obsidian armor and another place so you can still wear the sensor glasses

From KillarBee

Jeron L

Mar 10, 2013
There's some pretty good candidate worlds for basically hellish conditions. Venus comes to mind - that world is completely mad IRL, so any variation on it would probably be pretty interesting. Actually, I would imagine that a Venus landing would require you to take along a venus pressurized habitat to start out, since you'll just die instantly out in the open without proper highly resistant suits. Maybe start you off with a little base, buffeted by the gale, enclosed except for a launch pad for your ship (and a single open spot to the outside that maybe has a switch) and some space for an oyxgen generator.

Basically a player would be forced to live off the land for a bit, to go and mine some to gather the heavy-duty materials needed to survive outside, where everything's out to kill you, but the real treasures lay hidden. Lava is plenty common, obsidian-like stuff is right on the surface, etc.

The sensor glasses would be interesting to use on an asteroid-like world. Extremely low gravity so you can jump a long way, but it's dangerous. So you'd end up using your glasses to locate minerals and dig them up from a largely featureless landscape that has 0 oxygen and basically no way to make it. It'd be a mining mission that would make the glasses invaluable. :)

The Supermon

Mar 14, 2013
goes to Venus, Wears Obsidian armor, TOTALLY going to protect against the 95% increase in atmospheric pressure and acidic heat levels,along with the toxic atmosphere.

Just Sayin :D

Reactions: PureTryOut

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
Ya, Venus won't be nearly as realistic as it could be.No man-made material will last more than a few minutes down there. They've launched a few probes down to the surface. All of them melted. Venus surface exploration= the biggest waste of taxpayer dollars EVER. But ya, Venus does have insanely acidic rain that Mars would have if it had an atmosphere really worth mentioning. And Mercury, for convience of maker and User, probably won't be that hard either. And even lead will melt on Venus. The hottest planet in the solar system. Mercury is the biggest changing heat-wise. -300+ on the dark side and around Venus on the light side. This is only thermal energy, as it basically is at absolute zero in temperature, but it does have a sort of atmosphere of hydrogen and helium.

KillarBee

Mar 10, 2013
goes to Venus, Wears Obsidian armor, TOTALLY going to protect against the 95% increase in atmospheric pressure and acidic heat levels,along with the toxic atmosphere.

Just Sayin :D
Yeah But Then If You wear a normal suit it will take all the fun out of it you can get anti obsidian gravity boots and
to make an obsidian plate you need diamonds and obsidian 3 rows of diamonds in the middle and obsidian rows at the top and bottom and you need obsidian glass for the helmet and you need to find a very rare ore in the moon it like a diamond but called energy crystal you need a energy collector and in the energy collector its like a furnace to power it up you need to put in redstone to charge it up and once it charged up you use that for the chest plate and you need to make obsidian oxygen tanks and they last 10x longer than the large normal one's.

TheFirstGun

Mar 25, 2013
I think you would need more than some simple Obsidian Armor to be able to land on venus. You would probably need Bedrock Armor along with extreme high tech plasma shield and some other alien like stuff... Or maybe you need even more than that =P

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
I think you would need more than some simple Obsidian Armor to be able to land on venus. You would probably need Bedrock Armor along with extreme high tech plasma shield and some other alien like stuff... Or maybe you need even more than that =P
Venus' Atmosphere is full of sulfuric acid and it would kill you within minutes/hours

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Yeah i think the NASA sent rovers there already and they were all destroyed
The rovers were destroyed because of a few reasons,
Some rovers were destroyed on impact, lol.
Some rovers succumbed to the heat/pressure.
At least 4 rovers simply became so messed up all their components stopped working and were abandoned.
Most of the landing rovers that went there lasted a good 45 minutes to 4 hours, they just simply sent back some info and were left there to melt.
...and I remember one of them (I believe the Vega 1 lander) deployed the instruments while it was still in the sky and was (obviously) destroyed on impact.

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
The rovers were destroyed because of a few reasons,
Some rovers were destroyed on impact, lol.
Some rovers succumbed to the heat/pressure.
At least 4 rovers simply became so messed up all their components stopped working and were abandoned.
Most of the landing rovers that went there lasted a good 45 minutes to 4 hours, they just simply sent back some info and were left there to melt.
...and I remember one of them (I believe the Vega 1 lander) deployed the instruments while it was still in the sky and was (obviously) destroyed on impact.
noob-rovers

Kye_Duo

Mar 11, 2013
you want a funny fact? the first russian probes had a sugar based switch in case they landed in water.

cur25

Mar 13, 2013
Well, an unknown being made the strongholds, end portal, nether castles in vanilla minecraft. Maybe this being is an alien and didn't stop there?

I do think that a being capable of interstellar travel is capable of making materials that survive on Venus.I'm thinking of a diamond (diamonds are pretty strong and can survive a lot of pressure i think) coated mechanical pressure suit with in built temperature things.

Tyderf

Mar 29, 2013
When landing on planets with little or no atmosphere there will be little to no air resistance so a parachute should be useless on those planets

Science25

Mar 29, 2013
Hey Hey ! The atmosphere of Venus is more dense than on Earth,and if fill a airship with Earth air it will be possible to live in IT ) And in atmosphere the temperature is lower,and it's good to live ) So will be interesting if will be possible to make a airship or a base on Venus :);)

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
Hey Hey ! The atmosphere of Venus is more dense than on Earth,and if fill a airship with Earth air it will be possible to live in IT ) And in atmosphere the temperature is lower,and it's good to live ) So will be interesting if will be possible to make a airship or a base on Venus :);)
The temperature is 45o° there, i doubt anything could survive there for a very long time.. even if it was cool inside the spaceship it would heat up really quickly, and the sulfuric acid in the atmosphere would dissolve it.