Concerns/Need advice for oxygen

Mar 26, 2013
Hi. I have been recently playing Galacticraft 1.5.1 and I was working on my Space Station, and something happened that annoyed me quite heavily. When I placed a collector down, I gave it a battery, but I had to plant a HUGE jungle tree just to get it near filled. I then placed the distributor down and connected them and instead of a huge air bubble showing up like in 1.4.7, a teeny, tiny bubble appeared and I really don't to crowd my station with collectors. Is there an easier way to distribute oxygen all around my base?

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
The balance definitely needs tweaking (power usage, bubble size, leaf decay), but I was going to fix the major bugs first. I'll try to rebalance the oxygen system a bit before the next update. I would recommend waiting a day or two for the update if its a big problem for you.

Mar 26, 2013
Thank you for replying. I would have just rather kept it like 1.4.7, but if you are updating in a couple of days, then my space station can wait. Oh, and one more thin: if you ever add planets like Jupiter, will you create a fortified suit for us. I mean, considering this is supposed to be realistic because Jupitar is a bunch of storms and has really high gravity/pressure.

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
I rewrote the entire oxygen system, so things inevitably and in some cases accidentally got changed.

As of right now Jupiter won't be added since it has no surface, but some of the moons will be added for sure.

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
I rewrote the entire oxygen system, so things inevitably and in some cases accidentally got changed.

As of right now Jupiter won't be added since it has no surface, but some of the moons will be added for sure.
There is a very small solid surface on every gas giant, the atmosphere is just extremely toxic and has a very high pressure. Also, there are winds so fast, it carrys stone with it and it could collide with your rocket.

Kye_Duo

Mar 11, 2013
perhaps an advanced O2 system that uses water and power to create the O2 and you also get H2. it is what is used on the ISS. This would be a perfect system to be used for structures. (and get H2 which is a decent Liquid fuel for rockets)

Reactions: Zeal

jojack

Mar 30, 2013
just a thourt is if you could stop the air beening a bubble. when used indoors and having no where to escape it would just bulid up useable air to beathe. as of atm the airlocks do nothing but be fancy doors. oh i have noticed that saplings dont grow when in the o2 bubble even if bonemeal is used

Mar 26, 2013
Great.....now I can't get oxygen PERIOD because everytime I create an oxygen bubble it auto-crashes. It stops minecraft COMPLETELY, then gives me these two crash messages:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Why did you do that?

Time: 3/30/13 3:47 PM
Description: Ticking tile entity

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.util.HashMap.createEntry(Unknown Source)
at java.util.HashMap.putForCreate(Unknown Source)
at java.util.HashMap.putAllForCreate(Unknown Source)
at java.util.HashMap.clone(Unknown Source)
at java.util.HashSet.clone(Unknown Source)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.oxygen.OxygenBubble.loopThrough(OxygenBubble.java:58)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.oxygen.OxygenBubble.loopThrough(OxygenBubble.java:67)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.oxygen.OxygenBubble.loopThrough(OxygenBubble.java:67)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at java.util.HashMap.createEntry(Unknown Source)
at java.util.HashMap.putForCreate(Unknown Source)
at java.util.HashMap.putAllForCreate(Unknown Source)
at java.util.HashMap.clone(Unknown Source)
at java.util.HashSet.clone(Unknown Source)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.oxygen.OxygenBubble.loopThrough(OxygenBubble.java:58)

-- Tile entity being ticked --
Details:
Name: Air Distributor // micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.tile.GCCoreTileEntityOxygenDistributor
Block type: ID #3355 (tile.distributor // micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.blocks.GCCoreBlockOxygenDistributor)
Block data value: 1 / 0x1 / 0b0001
Block location: World: (-400,4,-731), Chunk: (at 0,0,5 in -25,-46; contains blocks -400,0,-736 to -385,255,-721), Region: (-1,-2; contains chunks -32,-64 to -1,-33, blocks -512,0,-1024 to -1,255,-513)
Actual block type: ID #3355 (tile.distributor // micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.blocks.GCCoreBlockOxygenDistributor)
Actual block data value: 1 / 0x1 / 0b0001
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2192)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:543)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:651)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:570)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:127)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:468)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: New World
All players: 1 total; [GCCorePlayerMP['Milleniumzgamer'/26, l='New World', x=-395.47, y=4.00, z=-731.35]]
Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 1136 Drop: 0
Level seed: -2410859483250383924
Level generator: ID 01 - flat, ver 0. Features enabled: true
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (-397,4,-771), Chunk: (at 3,0,13 in -25,-49; contains blocks -400,0,-784 to -385,255,-769), Region: (-1,-2; contains chunks -32,-64 to -1,-33, blocks -512,0,-1024 to -1,255,-513)
Level time: 934 game time, 934 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
Level weather: Rain time: 18028 (now: false), thunder time: 73859 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: creative (ID 1). Hardcore: false. Cheats: true

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.5.1
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.6.0_20, Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
Memory: 643833880 bytes (614 MB) / 933429248 bytes (890 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
AABB Pool Size: 791 (44296 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 72 (4032 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v7.44 FML v5.1.10.621 Minecraft Forge 7.7.1.621 6 mods loaded, 6 mods active
mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
GalacticraftCore [Galacticraft Core] (Galacticraft-Alpha-0.1.28.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 99 (5544 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 8 (448 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 1 / 8; [GCCorePlayerMP['Milleniumzgamer'/26, l='New World', x=-395.47, y=4.00, z=-731.35]]
Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
It's actually a performance problem that needs fixed since the oxygen bubble size went up. That's what I was thinking at first too.

Mar 26, 2013
Okay. Thanks. Sorry if I sounded kinda dickish, its just that I wanted to create my space station finally, but when it did that, I knew you would respond if I asked. Thanks again. :)