GalactiCraft Endgame

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
Ya, I know. I purposely mentioned nothing about the gravitational distortion it'd make. BUT, you were thinking reasonably sized. And it is.

Kye_Duo

Mar 11, 2013
+An atomic bomb could never be that big, not even an hydrogen bomb. There is a limit
there is no upper limit on hydrogen bombs...you just have to keep adding "fuel" to increase the size. the fuel being the matter that is used to fuel the fusion reaction.
there IS however an upper limit on practicality in terms of size
and why do you think a nuke wouldn't work in space? the nukes power is the fuel it carries, there would be no pressure shockwave but it still would explode. Nukes gain nothing from the surrounding atmo, there would be no nuclear fallout but it would still explode

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
there is no upper limit on hydrogen bombs...you just have to keep adding "fuel" to increase the size. the fuel being the matter that is used to fuel the fusion reaction.
there IS however an upper limit on practicality in terms of size
and why do you think a nuke wouldn't work in space? the nukes power is the fuel it carries, there would be no pressure shockwave but it still would explode. Nukes gain nothing from the surrounding atmo, there would be no nuclear fallout but it would still explode

I don't think, I know. And a nuke gains quite a bit. The fissile material itself does not cause that big an explosion by itself, nay it is the chain fission reaction that makes the explosion that big. And the assisting explosives. And there'd be a lot of radiation still, and anything within a fair distance would go into fallout. Nukes are almost useless in a vacuum. That simple. Almost all explosives are. And hydrogen bombs do not have a limit of explosiveness based on hydrogen fuel, but they still need air or oxygen otherwise. That's a major limit. Oxygen isn't nearly as common as hydrogen. Although, it is admittedly very common in the Universe. Like 8th or something? Can't remember.

Kye_Duo

Mar 11, 2013
I know full well what is the driving force behind nuclear bombs. and they don't give a (*#&$ about air
ever heard of a HAND? High Altitude Nuclear Detonation? It is a Nuke detonated in LEO, not much air up there
plus the US at one point was thinking about nuking the moon as a tech demo, I don't think we'd try something where the explosives wouldn't work.
PLUS we use explosive bolts/cutters all the time to release stuff on satellites.
many explosives do not need air. If an explosive can detonate underwater with no air, it can work in space.
neither do nukes, nuclear reactions do not need air. or are you trying to tell me that the sun has air in it?
fallout is not from radioactive material from the nuke itself but irradiated material kicked up by the explosion
and most "hydrogen" bombs do not use hydrogen as the fusion material. the largest one used by the US (15MT) used lithium 3/6. I can't remember what the Tzar bomb that the USSR detonated used (50MT bomb)

Mar 12, 2013
i think there should be a sort of bad guy. he could be called ghanymede. oh yea hand u can pull stars and crap together and get big BOOM and create black holes with the gravity thing using the power of a neutron star

Danny

Apr 1, 2013
I really love these ideas! I think that in return for the great power some of these machines give you, you should need tons of resources. If the cheese gun was an ASDF reference, I like it.