Bunch of weird ideas...

YX33A

Apr 25, 2013
...Mostly relating to integrating with other mods!
First off, love the mod, but as with any mod of such scope there end up being some things I wonder why we can't locate and use already.

I'll start with ICBM stuff. Two ideas, both related to thing that seem to be in the pipe somewhere in ICBM. First off, why not make it so we can turn a space station into a Low Orbit Ion Cannon? That would be pretty sweet in my eyes. And I play single player.
Second, why not add a way to launch weapons from the moon to earth? Any moon base worth it's salt has a giant friggin' laser able to be aimed at the major cities of the earth. That and firing special missiles which can survive reentry and are just as deadly would be awesome for the oft desired "make it rain in the killbox" situation

Next, GregTech and GregTech hard mode. This one is actually kind of easy to implement(wait what?) because you already used it in the past! You used to have a need for aluminum and titanium to build things in this mod. With GregTech hard mode, you would need them again, but without the option to have ores spawn which contain those.(so you need GregTech to produce the much needed parts if you want to go to space)
Adding GregTech support would be nice, but multilevel support would be even better.(that is, you can chose how in depth you want to have to go with GregTech to go to space, from basic ore usage to needing two stacks of UUM to build a space station and everything fancy requires very late game materials)

Next is a somewhat silly suggestion; Mystcraft Symbols! Any special trait you can find on a moon/planet somewhere can be located as a Mystcraft symbol. Low gravity void age with a clear view of the earth but plenty of air? Seems legit. In theory one could even add a symbol to make traveling to the dimension possible from the space menu if your ship has enough fuel and a warp drive or something.

cur25

Mar 13, 2013
I like all these ideas, I just think that shooting rockets cross-dimensions is really hard. The chunk that the rocket will hit is probably not loaded, which means the explosion is delayed till you get in the chunk yourself, kinda un-realistic to me...

Gregtech could also make it harder by needing you to refine your fuel into nitr0-diesel before it can power your spaceship. Also, you'd need to make the components of your space ship out of really expensive items like vacuum-cooled-irididium-reinforced-tungsteel-block (yes, that is in gregtech). And what about a use for Gregtech's compressed air?

YX33A

Apr 25, 2013
Considering that ICBM missiles dynamically load chunks as needed, the ability to rain hell down from the moon in that regard is easier.

Needing Nitro-Diesel to get enough thrust to launch from earth would make sense. But from a space station you could get away with just using a ion thruster based rocket to get places, but again, from a gravity well you'll need more powerful fuels. I suppose needing Nitrodiesel for fuel but burning less depending on local gravity would be best.
Also ew to the vacuum cooled iridium-tungsteel blocks for spaceships, but mostly because I sure as hell don't want to have any stone parts on my space ship(part of the recipe for those is a reinforced stone block, aka the stuff everyone uses for sealing their nuclear reactors). But requiring tungsteel plates and iridium plates to craft the hardened plates you need for the ship would be a definite "GregTech hardmode" level of difficulty.
Also as a heads up, the compress air cells are actually vanilla IC2.(really! You need them to use a SCUBA helmet for any real amount of time, and the SCUBA helmet is part of the IC2 hazard suit. That thing is awesome yet OP)

Oh, and just a thought, but you can get enough air to breath from things other then trees. A decent farm could generate enough O2 to allow people to set up alternate means of oxygenating their bases. This would be harder to configure though I'd imagine as there are plenty of things you can plant on farmland in even a lightly modded install. Countless IC2 crops, various mods adding things to grow(mostly for making meals), and god forbid, Magic Crops.

Now I need to make some tea...