Proportioned Rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbjoseph

Apr 29, 2013
Charleston, SC
At the moment i feel that the rocket is a let down in galacticraft, it is unrealistically scaled, and far too small. This suggestion was to change that element.

I think that it should be a challenge to the player, because the recourses on the planet will be so worthwhile. Especially if the new planets and resources suggestion is used as well.

I completely agree. The rocket is, well, goofy. I mean it's great because it gels with the whole simplicity of minecraft nicely, but this mod has kind of gone beyond simple minecraft. I'm pretty much reserving judgment until I see the different tiers of rockets that are released as the mod progresses. I do agree that the tier 1 rocket really shouldn't be able to go much further than the moon. MAYBE Mars. But then again I'm a lunatic and would be on board with like 20+ tiers of spacecraft of increasing complexity and requiring rarer resources.

Nice avatar by the way Mark. A little too...in focus, for my tastes :p

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
You can have two different types of rocket for each planet, so for example to mars.
One rocket will only carry the person and their resources only.
the second type of rocket will be much larger, this will be the colonization rocket, and once this lands, the workers will immediately start building,a base of your choice, that will be out of a menu of one of the NPCs.

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
FURTHERMORE, if I were micdoodle8 and logged onto this forum on any kind of a regular basis to only see absurd suggestions being presented, I would stop looking to the community for input. I'm trying to make sure that suggestions stay realistic and implementable, thereby giving us more of a say in what the end product may look like.

Thankfully you aren't.

Here is an idea, instead of criticising other suggestions, why not give constructive feedback that can be built on. Therefore we can develop the suggestion. Arguing if it is a good or bad idea won't get it anywhere.

I can see this suggestion possible, by using the same principle as the zeppelin mod, plus as long as it can be coded, it will be possible to see this in action.

Granted, it will take longer than most suggestions, but time is what creates a good mod.

Reactions: Gamegeek1234

jbjoseph

Apr 29, 2013
Charleston, SC
PROPORTIONED ROCKETS!!

I agree that there needs to be more variations in rockets, both in physical size, transport capability (passengers and cargo), armor and weaponry? (in case of there being a combat aspect of space travel implemented), fuel capacity, speed?, and any other traits or stats that would naturally come along with space ship customization.

What I REALLY want to get back to is the idea of building your own ships block by block. This is an awesome idea, and I agree the Zeppelin mod would be the immediate go-to for inspiration. But also, not necessarily. Take this for example (I'll be using Halo as a common reference here because I think we can all understand the terminology):

I build a tier 1 rocket (or any tier, doesn't matter), I take this rocket and use it to get to the planet selection screen, I then build a space station. I use this space station to become a type of dry dock essentially. Over time I build a cool rendition of the Pillar of Autumn (YES!), now, this is where zeppelin would obviously come in. What true benefit do I get from turning the Autumn into an entity and being able to fly it around in, well, any space dimension? None really, there's no terrain to go whizzing by or sights to see, it's just a bunch of stars and nothingness. Instead I think it would be interesting to (again, similar to the zeppelin mod) "detach" the Autumn from the space ship dimension and press it into a role of a space station around other planets, kind of.

Let me be clearer because I don't think I did a good job of explaining myself. I finish the Autumn in orbit above Earth, I board it from my space station and head to the bridge. On the bridge I go to a navigation type screen where I can detach just the Autumn from the dimension it is in and then scoot on over to other planets with it basically making it a "mobile space station." Really I suppose you could say it would be more of a colony ship at this point. I then use that as a kind of base of operations for that planet/moon avoiding the need to fly back and forth from earth repeatedly which, assumedly, would cost an arm and a leg in fuel costs, and quite possibly would require the use of advanced high-tier rockets. It might be neat! I enjoy the idea of pulling away from my space station on earth, going to a new planet selection screen, appearing in orbit around Europa, for example, and then dropping a few pods filled with supplies, then heading over to the hangar and taking a shuttle/rocket whatever down to the surface and starting a colony.

Ultimately I feel like these are a bit of moot points as from my understanding of this mod the focus is really on the planets and how they can enhance your Minecraft experience.

Shoot:

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
When I began this thread it started out as what it said, but as it has grown it has wandered off, i admit, i would change the title but unfortunately i cant.

I have deleted my posts because i do not want this thread clogged up with arguments that are not of any interest.

The reason i have changed the idea of it being built block by block, is because of the size.

Also saying suggestions are absurd is obviously criticizing it.
Plus i have not had any ideas as how YOU think it is viable.

I am no developer, i would make this into a completely different mod. but since a do not have the knowledge to do so, this is the point i have reached. I have approached MICDOODLE8 with these ideas, in the hope that HE can help, and give feedback.

If you look at the picture of the rocket on the first page, i would like to see you try and build that in survival mode.

Oh by the way, i do not know what Halo is.

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
Thankfully you aren't.

Here is an idea, instead of criticising other suggestions, why not give constructive feedback that can be built on. Therefore we can develop the suggestion. Arguing if it is a good or bad idea won't get it anywhere.

I can see this suggestion possible, by using the same principle as the zeppelin mod, plus as long as it can be coded, it will be possible to see this in action.

Granted, it will take longer than most suggestions, but time is what creates a good mod.
That guy has come across to me as a bit of a jerk.

tyrantelf

Mar 23, 2013
Since flashman kindly locked this, I'll just leave one last word.

Cry abuse all you want, but I won't deal with you thinking you can get away with anything. When I say something stops, it stops. I've been moderating forums for years, and people like you are what make my life difficult. You don't want to do that, as it will bite you in the butt later.

Status
Not open for further replies.