Cryo Chambers

jbjoseph

Apr 29, 2013
Charleston, SC
So at this point I'm convinced one of the moderators keeps deleting this thread (this is the third iteration) due to what I would imagine would be "redundancy" due to a passing mention of cryo pods here:

http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...-of-electricty-and-other-ideas.978/#post-4630

However, "cryo tubs (beds) that have air and electricty going to them that alow sleeping in space. [sic]" does not specifically mention the non-spawn relocating feature I have previously outlined nor does it account for the reasoning behind this limitation, nor does is acknowledge the fact that these limitations can be overridden through editing of the config file. Additionally this under-developed thread while being aimless and vague mentions a variety of topics that have appeared as stand-alone threads since it's posting (March 26th) As such I am posting this again.

Cryogenic Chambers

In short, beds can't be used off-homeworld, with sound reasoning (may become stranded in space/space station), however mobs on worlds that have extended day/night cycles can become an extreme inconvenience. I propose the addition of a bed variant that would allow a player to sleep through the night without relocating their spawn point. Calling them cryo chambers or cryo tubes would be the natural (imo) go-to name for such a device or object. I like the idea of having to attach electricity and oxygen inputs into it. I don't know if this would be difficult to implement or impossible or what, but it seems like an elegant and simple solution for an annoying side issue. Suggestions? Ideas?

jbjoseph

Apr 29, 2013
Charleston, SC
I couldn't find any posts that specified how they could actually work, specifically what I'm getting at here is the fact that they wouldn't relocate your spawn point.