May 29, 2013
Does anyone know how the gas giants (Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune, & Uranus) are going to be? Will you parachute to the core? Will you walk on dense gas? I couldn't find a video or a thread that mentioned this.

jbjoseph

Apr 29, 2013
Charleston, SC
For some reason the idea of a dense gas block seems really intriguing. Mining Neptune for some Helium-3. Ahh, I like it. Maybe allow space stations in orbit of the gas giant to collect certain gasses. It could be used as some sort of energy source? It would certainly give the player more of a reason to head out to the further reaches of the solar system.

I agree that having actual dimensions representative of the "surface" of the giant is too obscure to implement.

matt albrecht

Apr 14, 2013
I think you would make a space station, but surrounded by the gas. There will probably be a gas collector witch you could convert into fuel.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I agree that having actual dimensions representative of the "surface" of the giant is too obscure to implement.
As to Jupiter, the most likely thing you *could* find is a horrendous stormy ocean of liquid hydrogen. There's no solid ground to land on and probably there's no solid floor underneath too, unless a solid core thousands kilometers below. Definitely it's not a nice place to visit.

EDIT:
Still, it might look interesting to look at and mess around, but no actual purpose beyond "for the looks". It's like the dimension mod: hundreds of dimensions to visit and pass by, but honestly none of them appealed to me.

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
you could have gas giants, the inner layer in solid, the next will be liquid and then the outer will be a dense gas, cos of the pressure. The gas layer thins out as you go further away., you will need some special lander to land on the liquid, and you could construct your base there. It will be a cool base, one that floats (in you imagination) in a sea on liquid hydrogen)

I think that the liquid layer will have be quite a few blocks thick cos the core will be so deep. Perhaps the core is bedrock. There will be a solid surface on any gas giant, it is just very deep in.