Oxygen Sealer Issue

MDub

May 30, 2013
Hey guys, new to the forum, and the mod. I tend to be a pretty quick study, and have watched several youtube videos, and visited the wiki in regards to the sealers, but im still having issues.

So on the moon I built a large enclosed section of leaves, around 12 on each side and 4 tall. Then I put a bunch of collecters around the sides, and powered them. Most of them say they are getting 100%, some dont, but im not really interested in the particulars of the collectors yet. My real issue is that I have half a dozen or more collectors feeding oxygen into the sealer, which says its getting 100% O2. The room is completely enclosed, no windows or any non sealable blocks, and the only entrance was an airlock (although I tried in room with no doors as well), The sealer even claims that the room is sealed, but when I take off my oxygen gear, I still take damage, and I believe im still consuming O2 from my tanks while in this sealed environment. I searched all over for some mention of this, and the wiki states that the sealers are buggy and dont currently function correctly, but lacks any detail as to what is broken about them. Im using the latest tekkit launcher (tekkit mod pack) to play the mod. This must be a bug, because if the room wasnt sealing correctly, then the sealer is incorrectly reporting a seal. If the room did seal, then the collector isnt have any affect on the O2 setup for the user. The room was built of Iron block btw. Any ideas?

MDub

May 30, 2013
I had issues getting the room to seal when trying to use redstone energy conduit to power the machines. I solved the issue by placing an energy tesseract adjacent to the sealer and powering it that way. Maybe that could help ya.

jbjoseph

Apr 29, 2013
Charleston, SC
I had issues getting the room to seal when trying to use redstone energy conduit to power the machines. I solved the issue by placing an energy tesseract adjacent to the sealer and powering it that way. Maybe that could help ya.

What are redstone energy conduits? Also, what is an energy tesseract?

MDub

May 30, 2013
I dont know the name of the particular mod each of them are from, but they are part of the tekkit mod pack, which you can use by playing galaticraft through tekkit. The redstone energy conduit is basically a type of wire to trasmit MJ to machines from engines of various types. The energy tesseract is a type of block, where if you have two of them configured on the same channel (an option for the block) you can teleport MJ across vast distances, even dimensions. On the overworld I have like 30+ magmatic engines powering redstone energy conduit, which feeds into an energy tesseract. Any place I need power I simply build another energy tesseract, hook it up to the same channel as the one attached to my engines, and bam, instant energy :D

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
MJ = Megajoule, or Michael Jackson according to GenerikB. :3

Joking apart, I have some issues with the sealers too. Not much if I build small rooms, like 5x5x5, but still I get damage points when I open/close a chest or place/remove a solid block inside the room.
In MC it actually stands for Minecraft Joule, and Im not joking. buildcrafts and forestrys description for MJ is Minecraft Joule

Reactions: Jake

Jake

Mar 11, 2013
Guys, this problem is still happening with the latest dev build. any fix yet?

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
Can I get a few screenshots of the rooms you guys are attempting to seal.

If I can recreate the problem it makes fixing it much easier.

BLAMM!

Jun 30, 2013
I'm having similar issues. Here's some screen shots. I've got a fairly large room I'm trying to seal, but the Sealer claims to have it sealed as long as the Oxygen Collectors have enough leaves.
fxw.png

The sealer says everything is hunky-dory.
qjb.png

I take off my helmet and ... OMG! I Can't breathe!
3ss8.png

If you need anything else, I'd be happy to help. This is a great mod, and I'm having a good time with it.

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Have you tried any later builds of Galacticraft? I can't remember since which one the the oxygen sealer got fixed, but your problem is reflecting exactly what was occurring before that: The sealer claimed the room was sealed, but upon taking off your helmet you'd be embraced by the harsh vacuum of space. In case you don't, try a more recent build of Galacticraft. As of this post, I'm running on #403.

I have made some observations on how the oxygen sealer is working, and it's rather impressive. I documented a few things about it featuring a series of images. Although, I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate way of posting them, but atleast it's only about 400 kb of extra data. It shouldn't hurt anyone. Still, I will apologize in advance.

eafj.jpg

I experimented with the concept of an airlock using the sealer and piston doors. The current room I'm standing in is having an oxygen sealer installed, wheras the other doesn't. Using torches, I can easily check if the room is oxygenated. Through the glass of the door you can see an unlit torch, which means that room is yet to be pressurized.

pogl.jpg

Upon opening the door, the other room pressurized without causing any impact in the current one.

66sf.jpg

Experimenting with closing the same door again. Despite the torch on the other side was being sealed off from the only oxygen source, it was still burning. I tested with disabling the oxygen sealer, which logically did put out the torch in my room. Now here comes the quirk:

zq62.jpg

When opening the door and running over to the other side, it's still oxygenated. Apparently this is an exploit that can be used for keeping a room pressurized indefinitely.

In the following part I tested how large areas the oxygen sealer could cover. Apparently those can pressurized pretty large volumes.

m5e1.jpg

The volumes I was testing involved a dungeon along with a medium-sized cave above it.

hq3a.jpg

With five oxygen sealers, I managed to pressurize all of that. I can see what the point of those torches are, alright!

gj4o.jpg

Here is that medium-sized cave I referred to earlier. As you can see, I got no problems breathing.

g40o.jpg

Just to try, I deribrately cut off the oxygen line which supplied the sealers. All the torches are put out (expect from one for some reason) and I'm suffocating. Not cool!

Albeit, it isn't without its problems oxygynating volumes of that size. You need atleast 12 oxygen collectors working at nearly 100% or 120 elecrolytic separators from Mekanism in order to provide the required amounts of oxygen. Performance wise it will caused some decent lag when transfering such large volumes of oxygen. If we are ever going to have any epic off-world colonies provided by those things, we'll need the code for transferring oxygen optimized. Having already three oxygen bubble distributors at full capacity was causing a notable performance hit for me.

BLAMM!

Jun 30, 2013
Space Viking brought up a good point and I'm ashamed I didn't consider it first. I'm using Galacticraft as part of Tekkit. The version that's using is 186, about 2 months behind the current. I'll try updating Galacticraft manually to see if that works since the Sealer was apparently fixed in build 234.

However, if I update the server, do clients also need to have an update for this to work?

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
I'm glad I can be of some help. :)

Yes, the mod versions installed in the client will be required to match those of the server's. Just remember to backup your world before trying out the new build.

BLAMM!

Jun 30, 2013
Turns out Tekkit has an RC version (1.1.5) that is using Galacticraft 309, so it has the Sealer fix from 234. I tried it out in single player and got a good seal. I'm in the process of upgrading my server to 1.1.5 now since it has a few more features as well. Thanks for the help. I'm looking forward to going to Mars when that's ready.