How would I go about starting to program an addon?

Jake

Mar 11, 2013
I'd really love to start working on an addon, but wouldn't know where to start with this (as the github was taken down) so any help would be nice.

zentdayn

Mar 25, 2013
I'd really love to start working on an addon, but wouldn't know where to start with this (as the github was taken down) so any help would be nice.
If micdoodle8 allow's people to distribute addons at this moment the only things you need to make addons is to know how to mod with forge and then integrate with GC's API.(Assuming the API is ready to be used).
You should also get to know universal electricity,mekanism,icbm for better results, since GC interacts with all of those. ( Still have to try to shoot a icbm missile into GC's spacecraft eheh)

foot2299

Mar 22, 2013
derp,usa
when u stert develope ment of your mod i would love to help i have wanted to make a mod but did not know where to start or what to add so if i could work with u on your mod i would be very thankful

foot2299

Mar 22, 2013
derp,usa
cool
thx for the awsome mod
DIAMOND for micdoodle
images

Jake

Mar 11, 2013
Alright, I'll be waiting for the API to be available publicly. In the meantime, I'll just practice forge modding by making my own mods.

exerpt

Mar 17, 2013
Ohio
www.micdoodle8.com
Step 1: Learn your way around Java.... MyNewBoston's Youtube Channel has a comprehensive series of tutorials.
Step 2: Minecraft Forge Tutorials, Look at the basics... we all start somewhere
Step 3: Mess about with random blocks, tools, weapons and try to implement some unusual features that are not extremely complex
Step 4: Record and Develop a concept for a mod over a few days and then begin working on it, allow the concept to adjust to the function you wish to provide to the user.

majix560

Apr 12, 2013
micdoodle8 you're link to the api usage text file is wrong.
The link you give to the api usage text file gives a 404 error that the page can't be found.
Here is the link you give
https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galac...icdoodle8/mods/galacticraft/API/API-Usage.txt
Here is the correct link.
https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galac...icdoodle8/mods/galacticraft/api/API-Usage.txt

I know they seem to be the same.
That the only difference is the capitalization of the "/api/" part of the url.
Since the first one gives a 404 error and the second one works, that obviously means the url is case sensitive.