Search results

1. Richard Veysey

Can't find help from the Wiki? Please let us know!

I named the world Nexus, which probably fits even better now that I have Galacticraft, since that's a whole bunch more worlds connected to the overworld. Really, though, I just liked the word and I thought my usual world names, which are references to the Xenosaga game series (Miltia, Abraxas)...
  2. Richard Veysey

It's a private server run on my personal PC for a couple of friends and I. Though I have a decently strong PC (I can run the server and play on this computer with almost no lag) my internet connection is minimal, so at the moment I'm not looking to make my server public (especially where it's...
  3. Richard Veysey

Options for new ore gen in old world

Theoretically it's possible, since CoFH core uses a find and replace system. You could set the template to "surface" and set the block to replace as dirt, sand, or even air. I haven't tested this out, yet, but I think it would work.
  4. Richard Veysey

Guide to retro ore-gen for Galacticraft: -Download CoFH core (I don't think I can post links, yet). -Follow the instructions to make a new file called Galacticraft.json in the folder config/CoFH/world -Open Galacticraft.json in a text editor and paste the following inside: { "Aluminum": {...
  5. Richard Veysey

I'd seen some suggestions of CoFH for other problems with ore gen; I'll give it a try and let people know if it works. If it does, that will definitely make a lot of people very happy. BuildCraft is one of the mods I run, and that has limited oil (although if we ever find a desert or ocean...
  6. Richard Veysey

I've been running a server for over a month now with a small number of players. We've been exploring quite a bit and early on, all the players tried to spread out over a few thousand blocks from spawn, so we have generated many, many chunks. I had not heard of Galacticraft until recently, and we...
  7. Richard Veysey

Forge 1.8

From what I have heard, Minecraft 1.8 made some huge changes to the way textures and other graphics are handled. Some mod authors had a lot of issues with this (I heard that the creators of BuildCraft complained that a fully upgraded Buildcraft would be several petabytes of data. This thread...
  8. Richard Veysey

Guys iam what do do next !?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I do. If I feel like I'm running out of things to do, I add new mods. Try Twilight Forest, Mystcraft, IndustrialCraft, Buildcraft, Forestry, Roguelike Dungeons, Battletowers, etc., etc., etc
  9. Richard Veysey

Space race

Maybe have the mod record the time it takes for the player to reach certain milestones and then "automatically" (with the player's approval) shares it to a site where you can compare with other players?
  10. Richard Veysey

Uranus, Saturn, Mercury, Venus and Neptune gonna be habitable?

Actually, it would be really cool if you could set up space stations above those planets and be able to set up some kind of harvesting or something. Maybe make a machine that lowers a gas pipe into the atmosphere and gradually fills with those gasses?
  11. Richard Veysey

what mods do you use most with Galacticraft and why ?

Might have been something that changed in the 15 months between the time that was posted and when you wrote your response. Well, since you've gone ahead and done the whole thread necromancer thing (I'm usually the one that does that :p) here's the mod list I run on my server: IndustrialCraft 2...
  12. Richard Veysey

I have a small, personal server that I run and I'm in the process of adding Galacticraft. I have some very specific rules set up about how players should develop their bases (so that each player has room to expand, explore, develop, etc.) and was wondering if the landing point on the moon, mars...
  13. Richard Veysey

It's also a place where monsters won't spawn. On the overworld, I personally like to dig beneath my base and develop downward rather than upward or outward. A lot of the mods I use (IndustrialCraft, BuildCraft, Forestry) add a lot of machines and other tools that need to be built, so my bases...