Search results

1. pra

Development GC thermal level to actual temperature

So, is there any kind of definition what exactly the thermal level (as returned from IGalacticraftWorldProvider::getThermalLevelModifier) is supposed to be? It's 5 on Venus, -1 on Mars, and -1,5 in the asteroid belt. Wikipedia says, the average surface temperature of Venus is 735 K and of Mars...
  2. pra

Combined pipe/wire block

Something like EnderIO conduits, but simpler: just a block which can transmit pretty much anything GC might need. Most importantly, power and oxygen. Maybe fuel, too. You would craft it by putting a fuel pipe, an oxygen pipe and a wire into the middle row of the crafting grid, and then 3 metal...
  3. pra

Teleportation to and from Space Stations

I've seen that unused satellite dish block, and thought about uses for it. So, teleportation. You would need: - Long-range telepads. At least 2 placed on the same planet - A Teleport relay. Placed on a space station - Satellite dishes. 2 placed next to the telepads facing upwards, one next to...
  4. pra

Addon [1.7.10] Amun-Ra 0.4.8 - Now with Motherships [NO LONGER SUPPORTED]

I am terribly sorry, but the truth is, I can't mantain this mod. The attempt to port it to 1.8 completely broke my motivation, and after some point (and until now), I didn't even dare to return to this forum due to this. However, the mod has always been open source, so if anyone else wants to...
  5. pra

Atmosphere-dependent furnaces

Now I admit I never tried using furnaces on the Moon or so, but in GC's code, I haven't seen anything which would prevent them from working. So I would suggest adding an item swapping mechanics similar to the torches for the vanilla furnace, which then doesn't work without oxygen. As a bonus...
  6. pra

Rayguns

You can fly to mars, but then you still have to use bows and arrows as ranged weapons? LAME! :D This is a space-themed mod, so it's obvious that it needs more ray guns! The guns would be crafted from a beam core, a battery and some compressed ingots, wafers and similar stuff, would consume...
  7. pra

Development Sending dynamic data to the client

I can't figure out how GalactiCraft sends space station data to the clients when they connect. It seems to be done in src/main/java/micdoodle8/mods/galacticraft/core/network/ConnectionPacket.java and ConnectionEvents.java, but I can't seem to replicate this. My ConnectionEvents: public class...
  8. pra

Orbital Tools

Some idea I just got from looking at some screens in the media section. Would be even better with my Mothership Suggestion, or at least if space stations could be built anywhere Anyway... - Orbital dropper/Parachest launcher: creates a parachest, fills it up with certain items, drops it onto a...
  9. pra

Random small Ideas

Just some ideas I randomly thought of: - Better decoration blocks. And with "better" I mean "cheap", so that you don't go back to use cobble for space stations just because you have tons of it. Similar to Chisel's Technical Blocks, you could craft 32 aluminium boxes from 4x compressed alu and 4...
  10. pra

Small suggestions for the Astro Miner

- The wiki says not to report the bug that it gets stuck in unloaded chunks sometimes, but, if it does, could the Base still display the last known position so that you can go and pick it up? - Could you add something to keep an astro miner in the dock? Like a "keep miner docked" checkbox in...
  11. pra

Adding new Solar Systems vs GuiCelestialSelection

So, I'm playing around with Forge/GalactiCraft API, and tried to add a new solar system. That part worked, but if I actually click my new sun (or the only planet I gave it), the screen zooms to... somewhere. Here's the overview: And now I selected the planet: The code for generating this is...
  12. pra

More redstone control

One thing which annoys me a little is the lack of redstone control on certain machines. Mostly it's about disabling them, but also about getting the state using comparators. For disabling, maybe a ThermalExpansion-Style selector somewhere, where you can decide if a redstone on or off is needed...
  13. pra

Landing on gas planets

I wanted to post this in the jupiter thread first, but I think this can be a suggestion for any of the gas planets. So, basically, you "land" on the outermost atmospheric layer with some kind of an airship-type lander on about y=250. It's a mostly "solid" layer of cloud blocks (like Natura or...
  14. pra

Motherships

I mentioned this already in the Space Station thread, but now I think this should be a distinct thing. So, basically, the idea is: you can build a mothership in orbit, like you would build a space station right now. Each ship has it's own dimension and can't land, only switch orbits. You...