Search results

1. Q

SSTO(SingleStageToOrbit) = AeroSpike (on paper)

I made a post here on the aerospike engine before. however I didn't explain why I was excited about it or why I wanted to share it. This web site and video do a really great job of explaining exactly how rocket engines work, and the whys and hows of it. The video is an hour long and has...
  2. Q

Viking 2 Rocket Engine (For those interested in how it works)

Just a short vid from one of my favorite youtubers Scott Manley on a cut away view of the Viking 2 Rocket Engine that is in the Space Expo museum near Noordwijk Netherlands.
  3. Q

More Cool space stuff. Apollo Design Concepts From 1961

This is a vid done by Scott Manely, he's another space geek that does some really good vids on the science and the mechanics of getting into space. He uses modded Kerbal Space to make and simulate the mechanics of space flight, rocket science and aeronautics. Hope you enjoy it
  4. Q

Comets Just Taught Us How to Make Oxygen Out of Carbon Dioxide

If your interested here a video link and a link to the paper https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-10342-6
  5. Q

Missing Recipe for blockAluminum -> ingots

I have a recipe for 9 ingots -> block, but not the other way around. Is this a Forge issue?
  6. Q

Problem adding TiC ores to core.conf

I don't understand how to handle TiC's(and others w/same naming convention) ores. Here's what show's when I look at the block w/F3 toggled: EDIT: I added spaces after the colons since I can't get the smileys to stop... tconstruct: ore type:cobalt tconstruct: ore type:ardite bigreactors:brore...
  7. Q

Block Enhancement Requests

Fuel Loader The ability to de-fuel the fuel loader. There is currently no way to remove fuel from it, other than into a rocket. Rockets I would like a Probe1 or WAILA type data to show fuel level/status and Storage data(space/slots available) of a rocket on a launch pad. Lighting...
  8. Q

Lighting panel and redstone conduit issue

I'm not really sure about this, The one on the left works, but not the one on the right, There is a bug in EIO about the conduit not outputting a "High" redstone signal. Do the light panels need a high to toggle? Okay, I figured this out, I think. I filed it as a bug...
  9. Q

Rocket Science! Aerospike Engines

I've always been a big fan of "rapidly expanding gasses in a controlled environment, or not" ie. I love explosions! I use Legal explosives at least 3 or 4 days a year and it never gets old. I'm also a big fan of "Mho's", or raw horsepower. Be it a Hemi V8 or a Gas turbine engine(Jet), or Rocket...
  10. Q

Airmail Centennial

Not sure if anyone is interested in aviation. Look where we are now, mail in seconds... https://generalaviationnews.com/2018/05/10/100-years-of-airmail-celebrated-with-flight/
  11. Q

Green light bar on Hydraulic Platforms gives wrong impression

I get a "Green Light" on an invalid platform configuration (only one platform placed) I would expect that the light be red if their is no "landing/second platform" (destination for the platform). *originated from added note in a now closed bug https://github.#3352
  12. Q

Cargo Loader/Unloader speed upgrade

The cargo loader and unloader move 1 time at a time, and I put stacks of supplies so loading or unloading can take a pretty long time. It's 14 slots/stacks at rate of about 1.5-2(rough guess) items per second so about 7 to 9 minutes. I was thinking of either a speed upgrade or stack size...
  13. Q

Arc Lamps at °45?

I'm a builder type of player and would like to place them at 45's for lighting effects not as a defensive measure.
  14. Q

Anyone other space nerds been watching/tracking SpaceX's progress?

I watched today's Commercial Resupply Services mission (CRS-14) launch and I really enjoyed the Falcon Heavy/Starman launch! It was amazing! Although very impractical still very cool!
  15. Q

Link to Forums page from Main Page

I think there should be a link to the forums from the main page not just the wiki's
  16. Q

I don't understand why/what of: no power vs not enough power

Not sure about this so I put it here instead of filing a bug. Machines with no power will report: Not Enough Power, needless to say that's an understatement. Are you trying to detect the amount of power that is available? If so, something is broke.
  17. Q

Getting a bug re-opened

Sorry if this is the incorrect forum to post. What is the procedure/process to get a bug re-opened? Specifically https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/2619. This is a valid bug, and I didn't want to open a new one.
  18. Q

Wiki account confirmation

The server isn't sending the mail to confirm account. I would like to make some edits/additions. Thanks ps. Thanks! for making a Great Mod!
  19. Q

Control the Oxygen collector with redstone

It would be nice to be able to turn the oxygen collector off. In the overworld I use it to get ready for a mission, so I don't need it running all of the time and I don't want to break/replace anything so I can use it only when I need to. I hope that makes sense.
  20. Q

question about space station

Do I have to have the item required in my inventory or can they be in a knapsack or strong box or the rocket storage unit? I'm getting ready to make one and am trying to consolidate all the stuff I need immediately when I arrive (like Ox production equipment...). Thanks in advance!