Search results

1. M

Mining on the Moon?

Sooo, I was stupid and did not bring any ore to the moon. Nor did I bring a fuel loader system so I cannot get back to Earth and I'm running out of oxygen. (Pure survival player here. No NEI or TMI or the like.) I had thought that I would just mine on the moon for more tin/copper, but I...
  2. M

Crafting recipes

Also, if you work in mostly vanilla survival mode as I do, the very simple "CraftGuide" mod works very well for recipes, too. I like it as it gives no option whatsoever to, ahem ... cheat. An option which is far too tempting with as much gathering and crafted is required for this terrific mod...
  3. M

Stumped about oil/refinery/fuel.

Thanks so much for the pics! I did indeed get it set up correctly. However, it does look as if placing a filled liquid canister into a refinery that is not fully functional does indeed deplete the canister to empty without storing it anywhere else. At least, it did in my case. Is this...
  4. M

Oh, wow! Yes, indeed, thank you! Attaching the wires to the top of the refinery is what I was not doing. I'll try it out later today. Thanks!
  5. M

Thanks for the reply, and nope I have not used electricity mod systems before. All new to me! And I YouTube'd the heck out of it, but only came up with Tekkit type tutorials which seemed vastly different than the system in Galacticraft. Am I confused? So, make a coal generator, connect it...
  6. M

Hi guys. I'm SO close to launching this thing after having gathered and crafted everything in legit survival mode. It's a pretty long haul to build a spaceship in vanilla mode, which is awesome as it actually feels like an accomplishment. :) And I FINALLY find some oil (not the easiest...
  7. M

Aluminum Ore?

Many thanks!
  8. M

Aluminum Ore?

So, how does one come across steel without a universal electricity mod? Thanks again!
  9. M

Aluminum Ore?

Oh gosh. Sad to say that I'm not sure what that means. :confused: I know this is a WIP, but is there a guide out there somewhere that might help? I've done a lot of searching and have come up short. Can I play this mod with only the base mods (Galacticraft, Forge, FML) or do I need to add...
  10. M

Aluminum Ore?

Is Aluminum a very rare ore or am I doing something wrong? Could it be a crafted ore? Since I don't use any game enhancing mods (no TMI, NEI or Mekanism, etc), and can't find any good recipe guides yet, I feel like I'm missing something. I've mined stacks of Tin Ore and Copper Ore from a...