Search results

1. Kethrian

Realism vs Fun... (The Jupiter argument)

I have no idea what your point is
  2. Kethrian

oh yeah I officially put my middle finger up to the guy that hates Jupiter landings because it is unrealistic, but supports the idea of a black hole in the solar system (which would destroy it) that would kill you if you flew to it unless you were in creative mode... (honestly wtf)
  3. Kethrian

I've thought of a great way to keep everyone happy: Create 2 mod packs! Mod pack 1: Realism: You CANT land on Jupiter, there are NO MOBS spawning on any planet because zombies are unrealistic. There are no alien villagers, because we know there is no intelligent life out there. There is no...
  4. Kethrian

Airlock Switch Block.(i know billion times suggested)

I would be content with just reversing the redstone signal requirement: currently airlocks are the only door in minecraft that are OPEN be default and require a redstone signal to close, meaning you have to conceal XNOR gates everywhere to allow pressure plates and levers to work from both sides!
  5. Kethrian

The Solar System - increasing challenges (very long)

If you're making a mod, I think the most important aspect is challenging/changing the original concept of the game to make it really different. A great example was Alien Swarm which took a single player 3D fps and turned it into a top down 4 player co-op bug shooter (which was actually better...
  6. Kethrian

I would love to put other kinds of mobs in, but my suggestions were totally based on the available mobs in vanilla and the most popular mods available. I could reel off 10 mob types for each planet that would require entirely new models, textures and behaviours, but would it be feasible?
  7. Kethrian

Ahhhh cheers for clearing that up! Like I said I'm not into coding or anything like that, but I've been involved with several (very old) game designs, writing plot, skill/tech trees etc. I would love to contribute to this mod because it adds the one thing that every other minecraft mod has...
  8. Kethrian

Flashy-3.. Do I understand you right? are you writing another mod that stands side by side with Galacticraft or is this part of Galacticraft.... or is this a competitor to Galacticraft?
  9. Kethrian

Yeah but I got around that by providing full cloud cover day and night so you don't ever need to see the sun. Mobs spawn all the time so no indication of day or night needs to be included :P A very deliberate dodge to avoid getting pulled up by the ultra realism crowd on these forums!
  10. Kethrian

Rocket: Construction and mechanics

New thoughts from Agent_BaconN Mining Module (Guidance Module) must be mounted with Mining Rig ( Utility Module) or gas mining rig ( . Set launch destination from mission control block, will launch an unmanned rocket to a destination planet/asteroid/nebula/gas giant. Brings back a random...
  11. Kethrian

I have no idea how to code mods but I've written content for a few other game mods in the past and a lot of content for old text muds back in the good old days of gaming. I wouldn't have the first clue what to do with textures but I thoroughly appreciate the offer :P
  12. Kethrian

We have patches of bluebells (flowers) growing on the moon on our server... no idea why... Maybe a world gen error? maybe our server mod Deor being silly :)
  13. Kethrian

Hi Flashy-3, I've no idea what everyone's involvement is in this project, but textures to back this idea up would be amazing !
  14. Kethrian

I disagree... so does the rest of the scientific community: THIS ALL BEING SAID... You need to be specific about whether you're talking about sidereal days or solar days. A sidereal day is the time it takes to rotate 360 degrees. A solar day is the time it takes to go from local noon to...
  15. Kethrian

Rocket: Construction and mechanics

I've read a few rocket threads wanting everything from manual control in deep space to multi-block structures and launch pads. I'm not keen any of them, so thought I'd put a suggestion together encompassing construction, upgrades and some utilities giving some extra functionality without...
  16. Kethrian

Jupiter as Next Planet and a Lot of Ideas!

Why would you ever select to go to a black hole if you just die? Why not make things easier and have a button that says "Kill yourself" or if you don't want to die just select the planet you want to go to... if you want it random just close your eyes and click randomly.... This is a seriously...
  17. Kethrian

clichés are great... how can you build a space mod without a few good clichés. Moon cheese is another great cliché and that's already in. Each day on Mercury lasts as long as 58 days, 15 hours on Earth. This is quite a feat, considering a whole year on Mercury is only 88 days. A minecraft...
  18. Kethrian

You can shove them into bottles depending on mod pack. You state that FTL travel is a viable and realistic answer to many of the obstacles, but escaping from a planet with 2.5x Earth's gravity is not possible... I'm pretty sure that if you had managed to create an engine capable of reaching FTL...
  19. Kethrian

I haven't broken the server for over 48 hours now!
  20. Kethrian

And blue bells cant exist on the moon... And there are no aliens, just trying to think of some things to give it more spice. Venus is a pretty flat desolate place, about 70% flat volcanic planes. would be a pretty dull world without something extra. Firstly I did say in my original post that...