Search results

1. J

planet ideas and special planet clocks/compass's

Well, there's plenty of worlds to explore before we get to crazy stuff. Forgive me - this is a nerdout moment. These are hypothetical places to visit, although I think you only need a few of these for the purposes of a mod like this: Mercury as the weirdo that has liquids or gasses during...
  2. J

New vehicle: Submarines

I can't imagine the kind of ludicrous pressures on those gas planets, though. Sheesh. Perhaps those could be high-end challenge of sorts, requiring some heavy-duty materials just to go there to collect stuff. :p Really, the gas giant seem to me to be less useful for a mod like this, unless...
  3. J

Crazy as it sounds - it's actually a project that's been suggested before, but NASA hasn't put enough funding into it as yet, since the technology isn't there yet right now. Don't worry, though. It would be a space submarine. :p
  4. J

Well, there's icy moons with liquid oceans under them, it does make a certain amount of sense if you want to include any kind of exploration of those. ;) It's similar to why there's a 'car' in the mod, too. Moon buggies just kinda make sense because you're exploring a barren world and you want...
  5. J

Moon lander

Well, it depends, really. You could maybe have the visual effect of a 'lander' while keeping the functionality of the parachute. The lander would probably vanish when you land, then. I'm not sure how feasible that is, but it would help in general for all worlds. You could also go with the...
  6. J

The Space Skeletons

yeah, the arrows fly as fast, but their arcs are less pronounced. E.g. it's like with the real moon buggy, it didn't actually go slower than it would on earth, it just falls more slowly when it hits some bump. ;)
  7. J

Pretty good idea. Alternatively, go the whole way, and make a meltprobe which the player can get into. Basically what it is, is a small submarine that melts itself through the ice, equipped with lights etc. to keep sight at all times. Then, when you break through the ice, it is used as the...
  8. J

Elaborate space ships

well, you could have a 'default' spaceship inside (a separate world of sorts reached by rocketing into space with the existing method) which you can then edit as you please. E.g. add stuff, even cut out new rooms and decorate those. It would probably not look much like the inside of a spacecraft...
  9. J

new block!!!!!!

Heh, someone commented once on the fact that the more exclamation marks you have, the closer you edge on insanity. ;) Actually, there's one thing that would be interesting from this - a space zone. Is near-0 g possible in minecraft at all? Because you could conceivably move about like you do...
  10. J

low fuel alert, and not enough fuel to other planets alert

Pretty good idea, yeah, and probably not too difficult.
  11. J

Planet Proprieties

There's some pretty good candidate worlds for basically hellish conditions. Venus comes to mind - that world is completely mad IRL, so any variation on it would probably be pretty interesting. Actually, I would imagine that a Venus landing would require you to take along a venus pressurized...
  12. J

Anti-Gravity Transmitter

Well, there's some ways in which this could be done - at least, the concept. Really it would be more feasible for a deep space type area, where you basically have no gravity but you can have areas that do. They include basically blocks that sort of glue you to their surface, or that basically...
  13. J

Alternate Oxygen System

Re: this type of oxygen system - I think it would work pretty well, though I think you'd have to have some kind of functionality that notices multiple adjacent blocks. E.g. two adjacent blocks of some oxygen distribution device would have a greater reach than just one. That way you can have...