Addon [1.12.2] Interstellar - Exoplanets (0.0.7-beta)

ROMVoid

Apr 1, 2019

Bringing Real Exo Planets to Galacticraft
THIS ADDON IS STILL IN EARLY BETA

This is the release and very early beta of my new Galacticraft Addon. Every planet that will be added is a confirmed Exoplanet that is documented in the NASA's Exoplanet Archive.

The addon will also feature material aimed at education into Astronomy. And other features and ideas that are not yet implemented.

Curseforge Mod Page

Get The Latest Release

Solar Systems & Planets

**Please Note: Right now the planets are barren, no Ores or Materials have been added yet. When this Note is removed, that is when any ores or features will appear on planets**
  • Yz Ceti (3/3 Planets Implemented) <--terrain generation will change
  • Wolf 1061 (Not Yet Implemented)
  • HD 219134 (Not Yet Implemented)
  • Trappist 1 (Not Yet Implemented)
* This will not be an addon where planets or solar systems will remain non-implemented. The point is to create unique planets which will take take (that and terrain generation isn't my strong point yet)

Misc Features
  • Futuristic / Space / Tech themed blocks

Future Planned Features
  • Rockets (maybe?)
  • Planet Specific Minerals and/or Materials
  • Add additional machines for space / research
  • A research system that uses real world applications of detecting planets
  • Research using real data from Exoplanet data archives
  • And more once i figure some things out

Any input, suggestions, ideas, contributions are always welcome and appreciated.

Last edited:

ROMVoid

Apr 1, 2019
Verson: 0.0.7-beta

>>>>>> CHANGELOG <<<<<<

0.0.4-beta
  • Fixed critical dimensiontp issue
  • added skyprovider to YzCeti B
0.0.5-beta
  • blocks antenna, gratings, console
  • add beta version info menu on startup
  • normalize package names
  • add decoration tab
  • add custom sounds
  • add celestialscreen realism option
0.0.6-beta
  • update readme
  • Update CHANGELOG.md
  • Critical fixes

0.0.7-beta
Download

[Additions]
  • Yz Ceti D Planet added
  • new Lights/Lamps
  • Sky Renderers for Yz Ceti System
  • Sky Renderers Star Texture can render realistic
[TODO]
  • Make Decoration Recipes

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2017
Have you heard of the Amun Ra addon? You could make your own version of the motherships.
If you haven't heard of Amun Ra, the motherships are basicly a space station that can have engines attached and then moves between planets and stars. The mod has ceased development and is stuck in 1.7.10.

OmegAlex10

Apr 12, 2020
When are the rockets gonna be added? The planets are useless without rockets higher than tier 3. Stil, I have to admit that you're doing an incredibly amazing job so far with this addon, no bugs yet to be found. I still can't wait for the rockets.

SO far I am in love with this addon.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ROMVoid

SebaSphere

Apr 21, 2017
Behind You
Have you heard of the Amun Ra addon? You could make your own version of the motherships.
If you haven't heard of Amun Ra, the motherships are basicly a space station that can have engines attached and then moves between planets and stars. The mod has ceased development and is stuck in 1.7.10.
There's been talks on the GC discord about porting it over to 1.12.2
Ik @ROMVoid was working on a port with the motherships. Not sure when the last time he touched it was but @kingofminers asked a similar question if people wanted to see a port. I think amun-ra motherships will be on 1.12 one day but with some time.