Addon [1.12.2] Zollern Galaxy v2

Zollern Wolf

Aug 17, 2019
Hey everyone,

I'm announcing the return of my Galacticraft add-on mod, Zollern Galaxy. This is just a first release, but let me know what you think. I hope it's well received; I put a lot of work and time into it. It's not finished yet, either; I have so many ideas for it. This is just the initial release. But I welcome feedback always.

So, here's how this works:

To "progress" through each planet as the mod is intended, there are 10 tiers of Star Gates. Each one is linked between two planets: the one you came from, and the one you're going to. They do not stack, but their usage is (currently) unlimited, though that may change in the future. Now having said that, you can also reach these planets by using rockets from other mods (the first planet is Tier 3), allowing you to bypass the Star Gate system. I just wanted to try something new, different and creative because there's so many rockets already. I'll have a video out (hopefully soon) showcasing the mod. Let's just take this one step at a time though, shall we? One small step, then we'll take a giant leap!

[[Zollern Galaxy]]

Please read this entire description before posting anything! I do not use rockets; I use a star-gate system instead. I thought it would be more creative and give a slight twist to space exploration. If you wish to bypass this, use Steve Kung's "More Planets" mod. Zollern Galaxy is DESIGNED to work along-side it!

** You MUST have Galacticraft 4 installed as a mod already for this add-on mod to work!

** This mod works with More Planets, GalaxySpace and ExtraPlanets (not tested on other space mods yet, will update this list as more are tried). There just may be a few dimension/biome ID conflicts that you have to change, but it is possible to get all four to play nice together (according to multiple users). It does not have a dependency other than Galacticraft.

Nav: Main * General Questions & F.A.Q * Getting Started

For any issues, please use the Issue Tracker on the project's GitHub (can be reached by clicking on Source Code)

[ABOUT]

Zollern Galaxy is a space exploration mod; an add-on for Galacticraft. It adds multiple new solar systems and planets, each with their own set of blocks, items, biomes, flora, fauna, mobs and resources. The Player can reach the starter planet, Eden, by creating a Tier 3 rocketship, and then, as resources are collected, the Player can then craft a special tablet. This tablet, when right-clicked on the ground, will spawn a single portal where the Player is looking. Traveling through this portal will take them to the next planet. I thought it would be fun to shake things up a bit like that, and instead of making extra rockets (which would have taken a lot more work), making what essentially are star-gates. This is how you progress through the mod, and how you explore planets. This is my first add-on mod, but I think I did pretty well, all things considered. There are currently 7 star systems and 4 planets in one solar system (Psios) - the goal is to have at least 20 different star systems, and at least 50 planets in total, when all is said and done.

This mod was heavily inspired by Star Trek, No Man's Sky, Galacticraft, and Steve Kung's "More Planets" mod. Galacticraft is an incredible mod, but Steve Kung's "More Planets" mod is what really stole the show and inspired me to create my own add-on. His code is so well written and easy to read that I had no trouble at all with learning from it, whereas I can't even understand most tutorials. The mod is amazing, and the planets and moons he created are absolutely breath-taking. I heavily encourage you to use his mod with mine, not only because it makes the space exploration much more fun and robust, but also because he has 8 different rocket tiers. This would, theoretically, allow the Player to transcend my portal system by visiting whichever planet they like and exploring at their own pace. I learned a LOT from Steve's mod, and my mod would not have been at all possible or have a lot of the stuff that it has without him. Even the problem I had with setting up the workspace, he posted about on a forum, and through reading it, I was able to figure it out as well. So definitely give his mod a look, and he deserves, at the very least, half of the credit for my mod, because his code helped me understand a bunch of concepts and how a lot of things work. I doubt that he would need to, but if he needs to use any of my code at all, he is more than welcomed to do so.

Anyway, I spent months working on this mod, and I honestly took a lot of breaks because I thought it would be a very long time before I even had this ready to release for version 1. I am sure there will be bugs and glitches; I expect nothing less. Please inform me of anything that you find and I will be more than happy to look into it and try to fix it. I've only made one other mod, called Zollern Extras, and it essentially was just, as its name suggests, an "extras" mod, so I was able to do pretty much whatever I wanted with it. However, it did not get the attention that I was hoping it would, and honestly, it didn't deserve to. But I worked very hard on this mod, and will continue to do so for the next year or two. Space exploration has always been one of my favorite things, ever since I was a child, and it feels amazing to finally be making my own virtual universe, right alongside Steve's and micdoodle8's.

I don't want to give away anything, because there are some hidden surprises and fun little things to find, especially on Eden, but on others, too. More surprises and fun little finds are always being added. This mod will likely not have a wiki, simply because I prefer the Player to explore everything and figure everything out for themselves. That's part of the fun, to me, is not knowing what's out there. I really hope this mod takes off, so I would love some kind feedback, whether it be positive or negative. There are still certain concepts that I don't understand, so maybe it is a little limited in that sense, but I still think you'll find it pretty cool.

So get out there - evolve and explore - go where no miner has gone before!

genius64

Content developer
Cosmic Horizons
Giant Galaxy
Jan 18, 2017
Hey everyone,

I'm announcing the return of my Galacticraft add-on mod, Zollern Galaxy. This is just a first release, but let me know what you think. I hope it's well received; I put a lot of work and time into it. It's not finished yet, either; I have so many ideas for it. This is just the initial release. But I welcome feedback always.

So, here's how this works:

To "progress" through each planet as the mod is intended, there are 10 tiers of Star Gates. Each one is linked between two planets: the one you came from, and the one you're going to. They do not stack, but their usage is (currently) unlimited, though that may change in the future. Now having said that, you can also reach these planets by using rockets from other mods (the first planet is Tier 3), allowing you to bypass the Star Gate system. I just wanted to try something new, different and creative because there's so many rockets already. I'll have a video out (hopefully soon) showcasing the mod. Let's just take this one step at a time though, shall we? One small step, then we'll take a giant leap!

[[Zollern Galaxy]]

Please read this entire description before posting anything! I do not use rockets; I use a star-gate system instead. I thought it would be more creative and give a slight twist to space exploration. If you wish to bypass this, use Steve Kung's "More Planets" mod. Zollern Galaxy is DESIGNED to work along-side it!

** You MUST have Galacticraft 4 installed as a mod already for this add-on mod to work!

** This mod works with More Planets, GalaxySpace and ExtraPlanets (not tested on other space mods yet, will update this list as more are tried). There just may be a few dimension/biome ID conflicts that you have to change, but it is possible to get all four to play nice together (according to multiple users). It does not have a dependency other than Galacticraft.

Nav: Main * General Questions & F.A.Q * Getting Started

For any issues, please use the Issue Tracker on the project's GitHub (can be reached by clicking on Source Code)

[ABOUT]

Zollern Galaxy is a space exploration mod; an add-on for Galacticraft. It adds multiple new solar systems and planets, each with their own set of blocks, items, biomes, flora, fauna, mobs and resources. The Player can reach the starter planet, Eden, by creating a Tier 3 rocketship, and then, as resources are collected, the Player can then craft a special tablet. This tablet, when right-clicked on the ground, will spawn a single portal where the Player is looking. Traveling through this portal will take them to the next planet. I thought it would be fun to shake things up a bit like that, and instead of making extra rockets (which would have taken a lot more work), making what essentially are star-gates. This is how you progress through the mod, and how you explore planets. This is my first add-on mod, but I think I did pretty well, all things considered. There are currently 7 star systems and 4 planets in one solar system (Psios) - the goal is to have at least 20 different star systems, and at least 50 planets in total, when all is said and done.

This mod was heavily inspired by Star Trek, No Man's Sky, Galacticraft, and Steve Kung's "More Planets" mod. Galacticraft is an incredible mod, but Steve Kung's "More Planets" mod is what really stole the show and inspired me to create my own add-on. His code is so well written and easy to read that I had no trouble at all with learning from it, whereas I can't even understand most tutorials. The mod is amazing, and the planets and moons he created are absolutely breath-taking. I heavily encourage you to use his mod with mine, not only because it makes the space exploration much more fun and robust, but also because he has 8 different rocket tiers. This would, theoretically, allow the Player to transcend my portal system by visiting whichever planet they like and exploring at their own pace. I learned a LOT from Steve's mod, and my mod would not have been at all possible or have a lot of the stuff that it has without him. Even the problem I had with setting up the workspace, he posted about on a forum, and through reading it, I was able to figure it out as well. So definitely give his mod a look, and he deserves, at the very least, half of the credit for my mod, because his code helped me understand a bunch of concepts and how a lot of things work. I doubt that he would need to, but if he needs to use any of my code at all, he is more than welcomed to do so.

Anyway, I spent months working on this mod, and I honestly took a lot of breaks because I thought it would be a very long time before I even had this ready to release for version 1. I am sure there will be bugs and glitches; I expect nothing less. Please inform me of anything that you find and I will be more than happy to look into it and try to fix it. I've only made one other mod, called Zollern Extras, and it essentially was just, as its name suggests, an "extras" mod, so I was able to do pretty much whatever I wanted with it. However, it did not get the attention that I was hoping it would, and honestly, it didn't deserve to. But I worked very hard on this mod, and will continue to do so for the next year or two. Space exploration has always been one of my favorite things, ever since I was a child, and it feels amazing to finally be making my own virtual universe, right alongside Steve's and micdoodle8's.

I don't want to give away anything, because there are some hidden surprises and fun little things to find, especially on Eden, but on others, too. More surprises and fun little finds are always being added. This mod will likely not have a wiki, simply because I prefer the Player to explore everything and figure everything out for themselves. That's part of the fun, to me, is not knowing what's out there. I really hope this mod takes off, so I would love some kind feedback, whether it be positive or negative. There are still certain concepts that I don't understand, so maybe it is a little limited in that sense, but I still think you'll find it pretty cool.

So get out there - evolve and explore - go where no miner has gone before!
Hello, Zollern Wolf. I know your addon since the release of the first version. And honestly, version 1.7.10 is very unstable. Could you update version 1.7.10 and make it playable? Your addon is the only one that conflicts with my modpack, and therefore I can not add it to the composition. Thanks!

Reactions: Zaid yair

Zollern Wolf

Aug 17, 2019
Hey, thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I know that version is unstable. It's 100% no good, if I'm being honest. That's why I was so surprised that it was received so well. I coded it so poorly. Anyway, right now my focus is on this version of the mod. HOWEVER, once I get it to a point where I'm happy with it, I can at least stabilize the 1.7.10 version, but there will likely be no future updates to it. That's how it stands right now. I know what it's like to have a modpack at a certain version and not be able to have a certain mod because modders won't update or downgrade. On the flipside, I know what it's like being forced to update, and I never have been a fan. So, just for you, I will eventually resume work on that version, hopefully sooner rather than later. Let me get some new stuff going and stabilized in my current version first, and then I'll see about completely recoding the 1.7.10 version entirely. Sound good?

Also, Zollern Galaxy has a Discord channel if you'd like to stay up to date. Click on the Main link up top to go to its CurseForge page and scroll to the bottom if you're interested. :)

Nov 3, 2018
This was one of my favorite GC addons back in 1.7.10 (although they were all great). I'm glad to see it return. I can't wait to see what has been added!

Zollern Wolf

Aug 17, 2019
Thank you! I have so many ideas to explore and I can't wait to implement them, plus I've got a lot of modders helping me. This has been an honor to me to be a part of this, so I'm glad to hear that.

Zollern Wolf

Aug 17, 2019
Just wanted to share an update with everyone --

This mod is not dead and neither am I. COVID-19 has short-circuited my life, and I'm tending to personal matters when I'm not swamped at work. What time I do have left, I spend exhausted - too exhausted to do anything. I am still making small adjustments anyway here and there when I can, but please understand that my life and health (as well as my family's lives and health) comes first. I want to update this mod and give you guys something new, especially because I was working on something big right before all this hit, but right now it's just on delay. Not cancelled, not dead, just on delay. I will try to help you with existing versions as I can, but if it's something on your end then there's nothing I can do, and I will not be releasing the new version until it is completed (remember how No Man's Sky released an unfinished game because of peer pressure? not going down that road, thanks).

For those of you that I've been interacting with for the past few months and know a bit more than I'm saying here, thank you. Thank you to all who are patient and understanding while I deal with, well, life. I know it's frustrating not having any updates for a while, and I am aware of a few bugs (which are already fixed in the to-be version) that are around.

If you make a report and I get to it fast (which for me is basically the same day right now), then please know that I stopped what I was doing to get to you, and I would appreciate that to be respected.

Thank you all for your support and understanding during this time.

Zollern Wolf

Aug 17, 2019
Released new version with the new planet Caligro, reminiscent of the Upside Down from Stranger Things. Thanks to the community for making this mod possible!