1.6.1 install help

iggymydog

Jul 6, 2013
I've tried lots of stuff but the mine forge and glactricraft I can't seem to get to work. can someone post a clear and simple step by step tutorial to walk me through this? I can get mine craft forge to work fine but i have problems with the universal forge thing. I had no problems moding minecraft before the new updates.

thanks soooo much ,
iggymydog

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Won't work. Not ready yet. You need the latest working'ish dev build. Its not for user consumption, but more for debugging. You can do what I did. Tell the 1.6.1 Launcher to use the minecraft161 folder (IE different than default), and download the older Launcher, and play Galacticraft without carpet and horses.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
I just noticed he's got a new Dev build and is asking for help debugging.. Try the #445. Going to restart my computer and give it a shot myself. It's under the Dev builds button.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
You need to go to The Minecraft Forge Files Page http://files.minecraftforge.net/
Download the 1.6.1 installer.
Run it. Install it.
Open 1.6.1 and you'll see a new profile. You can at this point change the directory of that profile if you wish.
After that you'll need to download the latest Galacticraft Mods. 2 Jar Files. Under the Dev section. Theses are the #445 files.
Place them in the mods folder in you're minecraft folder.
Run and Play.

Shembabi

Jul 8, 2013
So I've done literally these instructions to a tee with the #463 micdoodlecore and galacticraft. will it not work with that build? Also are there any serious changes between the 1.5.2 and 1.6.1 to galacticraft? Or is it literally just the horses and such?

Shembabi

Jul 8, 2013
I installed forge, and player render api.

I added the #445 dev builds into my mods folder.

I get this error

Game ended with no troubles detected (exit code 0)
Deleting C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions\mod1.6.1\mod1.6.1-natives-36881480621881

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Many serious changes to minecraft yes. What the user see's is horses and carpet and clay. The latest Build does work. You didn't follow them to a tee. I've been testing it just fine. You're more than welcome to PM me. There was an update today to 1.6.2. You'll need the latest Dev build for that. Galacticraft changes lately are more of bug fixes than anything else.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
The hardest part of galacticraft is that it changes every day. Doubly so when there's a minecraft update. First thing you need to do when installing any mod is .... Read the instructions. The instructions a mod creator gives you are more important than any youtube video you may have found. Unless it pertains to that particular mod. Second thing you need to do is .... Follow the instruction to a T. Computers are VERY picky about names and places of things. Third thing you need to do is pay attention to you're minecraft version, and what version the mod says it works with. I don't mind helping people figure it out. Ask away. I may not sound patient, but I am. I own a computer store and deal with the public. I am fluent in both geek and layman.

Reactions: micdoodle8

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
I installed forge, and player render api.

I added the #445 dev builds into my mods folder.

I get this error

Game ended with no troubles detected (exit code 0)
Deleting C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions\mod1.6.1\mod1.6.1-natives-36881480621881

Player API and Render Player API haven't been required since 1.2.5 (I believe).

Follow the instructions right above the download as MasterOanarchY said.

Shembabi

Jul 8, 2013
I got it working. I want to apologize for being so thick minded. Would I install buildcraft the same way or would the build craft in galacticraft conflict?

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
I don't see a Buildcraft update for 1.6 yet. When it's released they will have instructions I'm sure. Sometimes a thick head helps you punch through thick walls. Sometimes it is the wall. lol

Reactions: Shembabi

Shembabi

Jul 8, 2013
In most cases it is the wall :p But yeah now that I stopped trying to install Player API everythings gone smooth :) I can't thank all of you enough

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
It looks like you did do everything right. I will spend some more time looking at you're log ..... but I would suggest you move on to 1.6.2. Make sure you're using Forge 789 and at least Galacticraft 480. I've seen where mods can leave stuff behind. Sometimes cleaning you're minecraft folder out completely is the only way to fix issues.

Shembabi

Jul 8, 2013
Yeah anytime you find out you did something wrong best thing to do is wipe and start from scratch. I may have to make a video showing how this is done.