Srsam

May 19, 2017
I just got your mod and it looks great, except for one thing. Whenever I try to go to different planets (eg like the moon) I travel to other planets (eg Oberon) I tried re-installing your mod, galacticraft, and forge. Can you try to fix this?

genius64

Content developer
Cosmic Horizons
Giant Galaxy
Jan 18, 2017
I just got your mod and it looks great, except for one thing. Whenever I try to go to different planets (eg like the moon) I travel to other planets (eg Oberon) I tried re-installing your mod, galacticraft, and forge. Can you try to fix this?
I was such. You have to delete the config folder in .minecraft and restart the game

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
There seems to be some conflict with AmunRa. It seems that if it's installed, your Rhea fails to register. The result is a crash when the player tries to travel to pretty much any planet, because their registration is skipped.

https://pastebin.com/Rb5JSX3d

It seems like it registers my planets, the ones from vanilla GC, then starts doing yours, gets to -36 Triton, and stops. I'd guess there's an exception happening somewhere in there, which isn't logged. Then, when the list of dimensions gets sent to client, it fails when it tries to process Rhea.

Disabling Rhea in your config makes everything work again.

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
There seems to be some conflict with AmunRa. It seems that if it's installed, your Rhea fails to register. The result is a crash when the player tries to travel to pretty much any planet, because their registration is skipped.

https://pastebin.com/Rb5JSX3d

It seems like it registers my planets, the ones from vanilla GC, then starts doing yours, gets to -36 Triton, and stops. I'd guess there's an exception happening somewhere in there, which isn't logged. Then, when the list of dimensions gets sent to client, it fails when it tries to process Rhea.

Disabling Rhea in your config makes everything work again.
Yeah it will do but my config options should make you be able to make it work.

But if you make a list of what needs to be disabled in the config i can make a detection thing to see if your mod is installed and auto disable things :D

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Yeah it will do but my config options should make you be able to make it work.

But if you make a list of what needs to be disabled in the config i can make a detection thing to see if your mod is installed and auto disable things :D
Well, I don't know what needs to be done. To me, it looks like something breaks in Rhea-related code. I can't figure out anything more without having your code. IMHO you should debug your mod while my mod is installed as well to see where the problem is.

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
Well, I don't know what needs to be done. To me, it looks like something breaks in Rhea-related code. I can't figure out anything more without having your code. IMHO you should debug your mod while my mod is installed as well to see where the problem is.

Will do, the Rhea is the same as other moon code though.....

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
It's probably something really stupid. It usually is. Tell me if it's my fault, I'll fix it on my side then.
I have just tested it and im getting the same issue, umm will take a look at what could be the issue

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Ok i just tested it and i dont get a issue, did you try regenerating my config file?
I wanted to say that I didn't even have ExtraPlanets in my dev environment before testing it, but now I'm not that certain. Maybe I do have a leftover config file... I'll test it when I get back home.

edit: ok, seems like you did reproduce it after all

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
I wanted to say that I didn't even have ExtraPlanets in my dev environment before testing it, but now I'm not that certain. Maybe I do have a leftover config file... I'll test it when I get back home.

I found the issue, your mothershipProviderID matches my Rhea moon id of -39

Reactions: pra

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015

I can add mod compatibility option for your mod that will force change my rhea id if the config id for rhea is still set to -39, and i can use this option for other conflicts we might have or find in the future too?

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Oh. Thank you for looking into it. I'll change my default value and try adding some sort of a sanity check. I have that one already:
https://github.com/katzenpapst/amun...n/java/de/katzenpapst/amunra/AmunRa.java#L573
but it won't trigger for mods loaded after AmunRa... I do have an idea for an improved sanity check now, though.

I don't think you have to add any compatibility here. I should have figured out the conflict on my own, I totally forgot that this is a thing that can happen...
But, could you try writing such errors to the log? Though I have no idea at which point GC does all the actual dimension registration, and why no exception ended up in the log in this case.

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
Oh. Thank you for looking into it. I'll change my default value and try adding some sort of a sanity check. I have that one already:
https://github.com/katzenpapst/amun...n/java/de/katzenpapst/amunra/AmunRa.java#L573
but it won't trigger for mods loaded after AmunRa... I do have an idea for an improved sanity check now, though.

I don't think you have to add any compatibility here. I should have figured out the conflict on my own, I totally forgot that this is a thing that can happen...
But, could you try writing such errors to the log? Though I have no idea at which point GC does all the actual dimension registration, and why no exception ended up in the log in this case.
Ok i dont mind adding the compatibility option as im doing it for More Planets and currently working on a GalaxySpace one :D

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
I now added a check into AmunRa which should detect conflicts regarding the mothershipProviderID and crash the game with an error telling the user to change it. While some people are apparently incapable of either reading or understanding the error messages, I hope most will understand.

Thank you for looking into this, you really helped me here!

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
I now added a check into AmunRa which should detect conflicts regarding the mothershipProviderID and crash the game with an error telling the user to change it. While some people are apparently incapable of either reading or understanding the error messages, I hope most will understand.

Thank you for looking into this, you really helped me here!
Nice :p and no problem any more conflicts come up do let me know and we can work them out

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
1.10.2 Version
This is a Beta version, So expect bugs! Please report them here and use [1.10.2] in the title.
Requires Galacticraft 4 Beta Builds, (99 Build and higher) and Forge 12.18.3.2239 or higher!

v0.4.1-Beta-Build is available, check change log for details

1.7.10 Version:
v1.7.3 is available, check change log for details.

YOU WILL NEED TO RE-GENERATE YOUR CONFIG FILE AGAIN!

Last edited:

genius64

Content developer
Cosmic Horizons
Giant Galaxy
Jan 18, 2017
Please, port Extra planets to galacticraft 1.6.4, because some peoples still play it ;););)