Addon [1.7.10] Amun-Ra 0.4.8 - Now with Motherships [NO LONGER SUPPORTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superman

Dec 29, 2016
So do you have any plans to add Artificial Gravity blocks for the motherships. Just curious, also is it possible to travel directly to stars in a mothership and orbit them
yes you can orbit stars

@micdoodle8 @pra maybe micdoodle8 could integrate this in the standart galacticraft mod ? (Of course without the ra system, because it isnt realistic)

Last edited by a moderator:

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
AmunRa-GC-0.2.11

- rebalanced/fixed transit between solar systems. other solar systems are now way closer, and mothership engines consume more fuel per AU. Sol and Ra are now about 13 AU apart.
- fixed charging of ion engines per cable
- added the ability to configure rings for planets
- improved mothership engine base blocks rendering

The ring config is somewhat complicated, but it's the best thing I could come up with. For GalaxySpace, this works:
Code:
    S:planetsWithRings <
        barnarda5:171:301:galaxyspace:textures/gui/celestialbodies/barnardaRings.png
        barnarda6:177:305:galaxyspace:textures/gui/celestialbodies/barnardaRings2.png
     >

Reactions: AugiteSoul

supersam 79

Jan 17, 2017
hello, i have a question : i have a ship of 700 kg, i try to go to a place that takes 62h to travel.
But i dont have enough full
But everytime i place a ion engin, the ship's kg go up, and the traveltime to.
How do i fix it?

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
hello, i have a question : i have a ship of 700 kg, i try to go to a place that takes 62h to travel.
But i dont have enough full
But everytime i place a ion engin, the ship's kg go up, and the traveltime to.
How do i fix it?
Make a bigger engine instead of making multiple engines. Yes, I see that this concept is somewhat anti-intuitive.

Or, you use this new version:
AmunRa-GC-0.3.0

== Version 0.3.0
- reworked engines:
-- old: use the speed of the slowest valid engine and check if the total thrust is larger than the ship's mass
-- new: the thrust is now an actual force value in Newtons. The total thrust force and the mass of the ship are then used to calculate the acceleration of the ship, and from this the speed and the travel time.
-- The fuel usage is still a fixed value, the engine must have enough fuel to burn the entire duration of the transit

I thought that this is a change big enough to bump the second version number at last

Reactions: vos and Byomakuta

vos

May 31, 2015
You should add Mothership name limit
oDn7eFg.png

Reactions: pra

supersam 79

Jan 17, 2017
How do i make bigger engines?
And i have a question about your add-on.
Is of possible that you add a function that you can land on the place where your ship is? i'm making a star wars server and its weird that you need to take a rocket.
It would be cool if you can make that :)

Oh, it would be cool if the ships go in the same dimension so that there can be a war in space

Last edited:

vos

May 31, 2015
Is of possible that you add a function that you can land on the place where your ship is? i'm making a star wars server and its weird that you need to take a rocket.

Oh, it would be cool if the ships go in the same dimension so that there can be a war in space
hes not going to add landable ships and with same dimension its going to be hard so im not sure if hes going to add that. I think now hes going to work on other stuff than Motherships

Reactions: supersam 79

supersam 79

Jan 17, 2017

hes not going to add landable ships and with same dimension its going to be hard so im not sure if hes going to add that. I think now hes going to work on other stuff than Motherships
I hope he will do, it will be damn epic

Status
Not open for further replies.