Addon [1.7.10] Amun-Ra 0.4.8 - Now with Motherships [NO LONGER SUPPORTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
I am terribly sorry, but the truth is, I can't mantain this mod.

The attempt to port it to 1.8 completely broke my motivation, and after some point (and until now), I didn't even dare to return to this forum due to this.

However, the mod has always been open source, so if anyone else wants to continue it, go ahead. Not sure if I can transfer my git repo to someone else, but that shouldn't even be necessary. Just fork it.

Though TBH, I don't know inhowfar the 1.7 code would even help. Even from 1.7 to 1.8, so much has changed in Minecraft, I think it might be easier to rewrite it from scratch than to actually port it for 1.12...

edit: IIRC, someone offered me to merge their mods a long time ago. Whoever it was, well, just do it, I guess.
Not sure if I can/should do anything at Github, but, I hereby declare the code of Amun-Ra to be public domain.

--------------

Original post​

Most recent download: >>> AmunRa-GC-0.4.8 <<<
Also Github: https://github.com/katzenpapst/amunra
By now I consider this to be beta. I won't be adding any big features for the time being, instead focus on fixing bugs and (hopefully) porting it to 1.8+

Screenshots:

2015-11-01_19.43.46.png 2015-11-01_19.47.48.png 2015-11-01_19.50.25.png 2015-11-01_19.49.09.png 2015-11-01_19.44.37.png 2015-11-01_19.59.09.png 2015-11-18_20.29.22.png 2017-01-22_08.22.08.png 2017-01-22_08.21.43.png 2017-01-30_19.30.02.png

Video:

Changelog:

https://github.com/katzenpapst/amunra/blob/master/changelog.txt

Last edited by a moderator:

BlesseNtumble

Content developer
Galaxy Space
Space Ambient
Nov 1, 2014
α Centauri Bb
If I understand correctly, this is a new solar system?
If so, how do you render red ring planets another solar system?

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
lol, YOU told me how to do it.

In the SystemRenderEventHandler onRingRender, you call this for your CelestialBody:

Code:
protected void drawAsteroidRings(CelestialBodyRenderEvent.CelestialRingRenderEvent.Pre renderEvent, CelestialBody aroundBody) {

Vector3f mapPos = renderEvent.parentOffset;

float xOffset = (float) mapPos.x;
     float yOffset = (float) mapPos.y;

if (FMLClientHandler.instance().getClient().currentScreen instanceof GuiCelestialSelection)
       GL11.glColor4f(0.7F, 0.0F, 0.0F, 0.5F);
     else
       GL11.glColor4f(0.3F, 0.1F, 0.1F, 1.0F);
  renderEvent.setCanceled(true);
  GL11.glBegin(GL11.GL_LINE_LOOP);

final float theta = (float) (2 * Math.PI / 90);
  final float cos = (float) Math.cos(theta);
  final float sin = (float) Math.sin(theta);

float min = 0;
  float max = 0;

if(aroundBody instanceof Planet) {
     min = 72.F;
     max = 78.F;
  } else if(aroundBody instanceof Moon) {
     max = 1 / 1.5F;
     min = 1 / 1.9F;     
  }

float x = max * renderEvent.celestialBody.getRelativeDistanceFromCenter().unScaledDistance;
  float y = 0;

// outer ring
  float temp;
  for (int i = 0; i < 90; i++)
  {
  GL11.glVertex2f(x+xOffset, y+yOffset);

temp = x;
  x = cos * x - sin * y;
  y = sin * temp + cos * y;
  }

GL11.glEnd();

// inner ring
  GL11.glBegin(GL11.GL_LINE_LOOP);

x = min * renderEvent.celestialBody.getRelativeDistanceFromCenter().unScaledDistance;
  y = 0;

{

temp = x;
  x = cos * x - sin * y;
  }

GL11.glEnd();

// inner red area
  GL11.glColor4f(0.7F, 0.0F, 0.0F, 0.1F);
  GL11.glBegin(GL11.GL_QUADS);

x = min * renderEvent.celestialBody.getRelativeDistanceFromCenter().unScaledDistance;
  y = 0;
  float x2 = max * renderEvent.celestialBody.getRelativeDistanceFromCenter().unScaledDistance;
  float y2 = 0;

{
  GL11.glVertex2f(x2+xOffset, y2+yOffset);

temp = x;
  x = cos * x - sin * y;
  temp = x2;
  x2 = cos * x2 - sin * y2;
  y2 = sin * temp + cos * y2;

GL11.glVertex2f(x2+xOffset, y2+yOffset);
  }

GL11.glEnd();
  }
It works on moons, too:

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Is it sad that I like the methane pigs and the 'explode on oxygen contact' the most? xD
hehe :D

well, I'm not sure if I can make this actually work. Still fighting against structure generation (I think I actually understood it this time!), will try the exploding thing after that

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
Im nowhere but also everywhere
hehe :D

well, I'm not sure if I can make this actually work. Still fighting against structure generation (I think I actually understood it this time!), will try the exploding thing after that
Meh, still seems like an awesome idea with just a little 'detail' feature that give a bit of life to the mod... I do know one thing for sure, if you do get it working and release this later on im definatly bringing some methane pigs to the overworld for experi- uh, farms! I definatly mean farms, look no further into the failed logic of the previous sentance >.>

LokeYourLord

Feb 25, 2015
Hmm, if you would do this right, you could actually name your planets after the Stargate Computer naming system, and let the Goa'uld rule over specific planets, like Anubis or Ba'al over some of the planets :) (Would fit nice with the SGCraft or LanteaCraft mod to then). You can then basicly make the Goa'uld the boss mobs on those planets or so :D

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Making good progress with worldgen. After a lot of raging I decided to completely disregard everything Minecraft and Galacticraft do about villages and do my own thing. This is the result:
2015-10-24_20.58.45.png 2015-10-24_20.59.03.png
I'll tell you, adjusting block rotation metadata is a pain in the ass...

edit @LokeYourLord:
Hmm, I don't want to do too much Stargate stuff besides small references. But I definitely want to add pyramids and jackal/dog-headed guys as mobs. I suspect stargate-like portals would be quite a pain in the ass, too...

edit2: added a config option to use advanced machines, too:
2015-10-24_22.06.23.png

edit3: WOOHOO, I did it!
2015-10-24_23.56.56.png
2015-10-24_23.57.05.png
Making mobs blow up isn't that difficult after all :D

Last edited:

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
View attachment 1549
View attachment 1551
Making mobs blow up isn't that difficult after all :D
You good sir, are a god o.o

Also, on the Stargate topic... why not instead of adding your own portals, add special compatibility for the SGcraft or Lanteacraft mod? You can generate those mods stargates on your planets randomly, should be interesting to come across one while exploring

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Meh, now if the stupid pigs would spawn again... After debugging into Minecraft code, I wonder how anything can be spawned, like, ever...

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Oh my effing god, yesterday I debugged until 5am without understanding ANYTHING, and in the end it was just a typo, Material.glass instead of Material.grass...

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
I know what you mean... ive been tinkering with the 4 space source code and I did the same thing, just instead of grass/glass mine was accidently spelling hera as hear in ONE spot.

Just that one typo took down all the crafting recipes I added since they relied on 'heraIngot' and boy did I feel stupid when I finally found the source of the problem... 4 hours, 4 frickin hours debugging a single typo ;-;

Lesson of the day: When coding, a single typo can destroy your day if it goes unnoticed ._.

Rabid_Potato

Dec 5, 2014
Massachusetts
I know what you mean... ive been tinkering with the 4 space source code and I did the same thing, just instead of grass/glass mine was accidently spelling hera as hear in ONE spot.

Just that one typo took down all the crafting recipes I added since they relied on 'heraIngot' and boy did I feel stupid when I finally found the source of the problem... 4 hours, 4 frickin hours debugging a single typo ;-;

Lesson of the day: When coding, a single typo can destroy your day if it goes unnoticed ._.
I've done the same thing trying to add a planet. (I'm fairly new to GC API). Incredibly annoying, but it goes.

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
I've done the same thing trying to add a planet. (I'm fairly new to GC API). Incredibly annoying, but it goes.
Im new to modding in general but ive got the basics of java down pretty good so far(just now getting into the advance stuff like meta data and events). Right now im just experimenting with what I know to see what I can accomplish, figured since Matt discontinued 4 space and open sourced it that I would see if I can tinker with it to learn some new stuff and possibly continue the addon later when im good enough to match his current code... right now im still a java noob so im learning a bit faster from studying how Matt coded certain things and trying to accomplish similar stuff with new code.

Honestly, its a pretty good way to learn since I learn more hands on and im good at improvising so it's perfect for me. It's like learning to knit with a type of string from an old piece of fabric, horrible medaphor but it fits I guess xD

Although im learning how difficult debugging can get sometimes... trying to implement a Hera dimension for Matts hera registry wasn't to hard since I used Elipse as a base and added my own code for specific things like biome decorators(ores and stones) and stuff like that but since im still learning about meta data and events I haven't figured out how to add trees, surface generation, custom grass, or multi biomes like im planning to... ill figure it out eventually but thats for later.

Bp5xdx5.png

Practically everythings a placeholder at the moment but I personally think it's coming across pretty well for my first ever attempt at a dimension!(even if it's currently piggy backing off Matts Elipse provider at the moment, gotta make my own later when I figure out how)
...that fact it's stable enough to not crash is actually pretty shocking shocking to be honest o.o

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Trying to implement one of my own suggestions for GC:
2015-10-29_22.18.57.png
Not really good to see, but it's a fully functional raygun. It can be reloaded in an energy storage module/cluster, or crafted with a battery, which even gives you back the old battery!

What I would like for this would be some input of how much damage it should do and how often it can fire when fully charged. Right now it needs about 3 shots for a skeleton and consumes 500 energy per shot of 15000 total, that makes 30 shots.

I guess I'll implement the CryoGun, make rubys and cryogems generate on some planets, and then make a first alpha release

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
From the sound of it, the raygun is pretty balanced at the moment but maybe you can make it upgradable with certain materials?
Something like: Tier 1(first raygun) takes 5 hits to kill a skeleton, tier 2 takes 3 hits to kill the skeleton, and tier 3 takes 1 hit. All of the tiers can use the same amount of energy per shot(500) with each upgrade giving the gun more energy storage, the first can be 15000 like currently with each tier adding another 5000 so at tier 3 the gun has 25000 energy storage and a high attack damage... of course to balance it the upgrades need better materials each tier to craft and some materials might be rare or only obtainable from dungeons

Status
Not open for further replies.