Addon [1.7.10] Amun-Ra 0.4.8 - Now with Motherships [NO LONGER SUPPORTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Hmm. Well, I played a little with the values, added some effects, and found out that Slowness 3 is extremely overpowered. Fire for 2 seconds (or ticks?) is not even close. 100 energy per shot seems to be kinda fine, though, too.

For upgrades, I'm now testing if I can add new batteries, and add crafting recipes to swap them. Also I'm considering charging shots (aka, hold rightclick to charge the gun to make the shot more powerful)

edit: yeah, that worked:
2015-10-31_05.05.50.png 2015-10-31_05.05.53.png

edit2: after some more testing, I think the Blaster's main advantage is it's high fire rate and easyness to aim (the bolts fly in a straight line, and rather fast, too). For that, it's not bad if the damage is not THAT high. With only 30 shots in one battery it's balanced enough, too. Now the question is whenever my new batteries aren't overpowered. The next one has 4x the capacity of the standard one and can still be crafted on earth, the one after that has 16x and requires a gem from my solar system, and the final one is an uncraftable overpowered dungeon loot item which with 64x the capacity can be assumed infinte, I think^^

Last edited:

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
FIRST RELEASE!!

Download: [url=http://files.katzenpapst.de/files/AmunRa-GC-0.0.1.jar]AmunRa-GC-0.0.1[/URL]
Of course, this is the earliest of alphas, so it is not in any way intended for actual usage, stuff can and will change, saves made with this version can and will become incompatible with newer versions.

Right now, 4 bodies are visitable:
- Horus, second planet. Has diamonds, emeralds and rubys (needed for the blaster), but they might be slightly hard to get...
- Neber, Moon of Baal, third planet (not counting Amun, which is supposed to be a star), has an oxygen atmosphere, but not much besides that yet
- Maahes, Moon of Sekhmet, fourth planet (not counting the asteroid belt between Sekhmet and Baal) <- that's where the exploding methane pigs live
- Anubis, outermost planet, has a few metal ores and some gems needed for the freeze raygun and the lithium battery, plus robot villagers

Most of the crafting should be visible in NEI, except the circuit fabricator recipes (no idea why...), so I just post them for now:
1.png 2.png

Reactions: SteveKunG

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Trying to do treegen:

2015-11-09_02.13.18.png
The brown pods are plants, too, they are filled with that glowing yellow pulp stuff:
2015-11-09_02.13.40.png 2015-11-09_02.13.51.png

Also: phases:
2015-11-09_02.15.11.png 2015-11-09_02.15.28.png
That's Sekhmet, the gas giant of which the methane world is a moon of, only partially illuminated by Ra.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Emberion

Nov 15, 2015
Oh my. I love where this addon is going. I really want to add it to my modpack, would that be okay with you? I would add it after you have made more versions than the very first release, of course.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Oh my. I love where this addon is going. I really want to add it to my modpack, would that be okay with you? I would add it after you have made more versions than the very first release, of course.
Sure. But yes, it's not stable enough yet. I still sometimes change around stuff like blocks or items.

Also, I made a new version. See the starting post. The main change is the vegetation on Maahes, but also NEI support and celestial body phases.

Koala

Nov 29, 2015
Sorry, but how do I get to this knew solar system? I downloaded the addon, but I didn't see a way to get there. But as far as I can tell, the addon looks AMAZING!!!!!! Amazing job, I can't wait to see this addon go to beta and higher.

EDIT: I figured it out. For those who also couldn't figure it out- just zoom out and you'll see the other galaxy(ies).

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
But you can get over there on a tier3 rocket allright?

On other news, development here is kinda slow right now because of reasons, reasons which begin with "F" and end with "allout 4" :D

Tried to add a chest yesterday, I'm not quite sure how the heck GC's treasure chests even work...

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
Im nowhere but also everywhere
If you still need help with chests and your using Eclipse, you can take a small peek at galacticrafts code under 'referenced libraries' for an example of how the devs set up the tresure chests...or you can go the hard yet more rewarding route and study that portion of the API to see how you can hook your own chest up.

At least thats what ive been doing, studying the galacticraft code to see how I can hook certain features into it.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
yeah, that's what I did. At some point I was fed up with it and decided to do other stuff first

SpaceSize

Dec 24, 2015
Hi Pra, I have a problem: I can't compile my addon for Galacticraft 3, what command you use to compile your addon?

Thanks in advance for any help

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
New version, again:
AmunRa-GC-0.0.4

== Version 0.0.4 ==
- added Seth, an icy moon with an ocean below the ice
- added small volcano worldgen
- added more ores
- added oregen to all of the celestial bodies

Screenshots:
2016-01-06_22.08.21.png 2016-01-06_22.09.32.png

Bonus: this is what happens when you crashland your lander on Seth:

I think I will try adding some machines and/or mobs now, the worldgen will mostly stay as is for now.

igornov

Feb 3, 2016
Good evening.

Not available planets in the last build of GalaxyCraft 3: 1.7-3.0.12.437. Why?

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Anyway, new build:

AmunRa-GC-0.0.5

This was mostly for me to figure out how to add machines. I added basic and advanced radioisotope generators, which generate 0.5 and 5 gJ respectively. They are crafted with uranium, which can be mined on Horus or Anubis.

igornov

Feb 3, 2016
Hi Pra,

yes, it did not work due to a conflict with another mod measurements. It is found and corrected in the config file. But I can not fly to the planet Anubis - immediately crash.

...Sorry for my bad English

Status
Not open for further replies.