Addon [1.7.10] Amun-Ra 0.4.8 - Now with Motherships [NO LONGER SUPPORTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
FYI, I have somewhat more time again, and I resumed development on this. By now, motherships can actually be built, travelled to and moved between planets. Only via cheat commands yet, but it's something.

Reactions: AndreySV

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Not sure about that. Right now I'm still tweaking the skyproviders, after that I'll start adding blocks like the command console or the thrusters. That can take a while, maybe I'll just release the version with the command cheats first, for testing and stuff.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
I haven't, I just told that I resumed. I'm just not making much progress atm. I am content enough with the sky rendering for motherships now, next step will be to actually make the things useable without cheating, then I'll post a new release.

PedroHSpavao

Jun 30, 2016
The translation from Portuguese into English may contain some errors

Here are some of my ideas,for you to add

- Dungeon Satellite.
- satellite dungeon
- Giant
- Giant Robots.
- phantom planet that only appears with a certain mothership technology.
- New mobs biodiversity
- Strange names
- RPG adventures
- Portal in space that leads to the universe of endermans and creeper universe
- Special Mobs
- More detailed dugeon
- Ships powered by methane, biogas, dark matter, or a special element that is formed with pearl of enderman
- achievements

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
I thought of some of these actually, while others I most certainly won't add.

- When the mothership feature works well enough, I was thinking about adding enemy motherships which attack you. You as the player do... something, they warp into the orbit of your planet, you have to board them and it's basically a dungeon satellite, yes.
- Giant robots? Not sure, maybe. There are robot villagers at least. I was also thinking of floating robots which shoot lasers at you.
- So you mean, a planet which isn't even visible until you have a certain device? Not sure how possible that is... Might be too difficult
- I have a few ideas for mobs, I was thinking of cat people on Bastet, certain variants of the Ghast somewhere, or jackal-like humanoids with golden pseudo-egyptian attire which carry energy-shooting staves, at least
- "Strange Names"??
- What do you mean with "RPG adventures"? TwilightForest-like stuff most certainly won't be added, sorry
- Not sure about portals in space. Might be non-trivial to implement. Also, wouldn't "universe of the endermen" would basically be The End? I was thinking a variant of Endermen randomly boarding your ship while it's in transit using a warp drive, though.
- What kind of "Special Mobs"?
- Meh dungeons. I admit I don't fully "get" how GC's dungeon generation works. Maybe if I figure that out, I could do something. I added a pyramid with a few rooms and a boss/treasure room, though.
- I think I'll add jet fuel rockets, powered by jet fuel obviously, then ion drives, requiring power and Nitrogen or possibly Xenon, if I add it, and then the warp drive, which will consume only energy. Or maybe I'll just skip the rockets entirely. I'm somewhat concerned with adding too many different fuels, having different kinds of engines on your ship might make it too difficult to actually calculate fuel usage.

Reactions: PedroHSpavao

PedroHSpavao

Jun 30, 2016
special mobs
- Slime Sick: Slime which is twice the size of a common sludge when it dies drop 1 to 4 Small alliens
- Small Alien: it shoots acid is fast. his weakness is fire
- Radioactive zombie that when it comes close to the player causes a lot of damage the closer the worse the damage

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Dunno :/
Progress is slow right now, I had some problems with multiblock structures (for mothership engines). I think I solved them now, but there is still a lot to do. Also, I'm lazy as f*ck at the moment for some reason...

vos

May 31, 2015
also if you haven't made a space station do you need to make it first to make a mothership? or you can select either one?

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
It doesn't look like anything, or rather, it starts off like the space station does. And, motherships are separate from space stations. Hijacking the code that is responsible for the space station and making it do something different is quite impossible. Right now it works the way that if you fly up using a shuttle rocket, the "build spacestation" option is replaced by "build mothership". Shuttle rockets are the only things which can land on motherships, or even see them, for that matter.

vos

May 31, 2015
will mothership moving planet feature work with addon planets like from Galaxy Space or 4Spcae?

Status
Not open for further replies.