Addon [1.7.10] Amun-Ra 0.4.8 - Now with Motherships [NO LONGER SUPPORTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
I'm planning to follow GC, though I have no idea how and when, though.
I'm hoping the new features from >= 1.8 get backported to 1.7 first, that would make things easier to me. If that doesn't happen, I most certainly will drop 1.7 support. Not sure if said features exist in >= 1.10, and how different minecraft got between 1.8 and 1.10...

AugiteSoul

May 15, 2016
I'm planning to follow GC, though I have no idea how and when, though.
I'm hoping the new features from >= 1.8 get backported to 1.7 first, that would make things easier to me. If that doesn't happen, I most certainly will drop 1.7 support. Not sure if said features exist in >= 1.10, and how different minecraft got between 1.8 and 1.10...
in fact 1.8 gc is stopped for 1.10/1.11

Maxxxel2

Apr 12, 2017
im getting my console spammed with this:

[19:28:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: java.lang.NullPointerException
[19:28:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at de.katzenpapst.amunra.block.BlockBasicMeta.hasTileEntity(BlockBasicMeta.java:231)
[19:28:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at buildcraft.transport.ItemFacade.registerValidFacades(ItemFacade.java:293)
[19:28:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at buildcraft.transport.ItemFacade.initialize(ItemFacade.java:270)
[19:28:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: etc...

Sockdotgif

Apr 10, 2017
im getting my console spammed with this:

[19:28:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: java.lang.NullPointerException
[19:28:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at de.katzenpapst.amunra.block.BlockBasicMeta.hasTileEntity(BlockBasicMeta.java:231)
[19:28:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at buildcraft.transport.ItemFacade.registerValidFacades(ItemFacade.java:293)
[19:28:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at buildcraft.transport.ItemFacade.initialize(ItemFacade.java:270)
[19:28:24] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: etc...
please don't post crash reporting on threads my guy, put them on github.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
So,

AmunRa-GC-0.4.4

=== 0.4.4 ===
- adjusted permission levels of commands
- added two craftable metal chests
- potentially fixed a nullpointerexception with buildcraft facades

genius64

Content developer
Cosmic Horizons
Giant Galaxy
Jan 18, 2017
pra, I really like to fly on your stations, but in creative I constantly have to fill with fuel engines. You can add to the creative engines that don't need to fill fuel? I would be very happy, thank you read.

AugiteSoul

May 15, 2016
pra, I really like to fly on your stations, but in creative I constantly have to fill with fuel engines. You can add to the creative engines that don't need to fill fuel? I would be very happy, thank you read.
There are lots of mods who add liquid tanks. Try Extra Utilities Bedrockium Drums.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Not sure if I should add an actual infinite engine, they are somewhat of a pain in the ass to add. Maybe I'll add an infinite fuel canister instead. In the meantime, use ion engines with the infinite battery. They don't use much nitrogen, mostly energy.

AugiteSoul

May 15, 2016
Not sure if I should add an actual infinite engine, they are somewhat of a pain in the ass to add. Maybe I'll add an infinite fuel canister instead. In the meantime, use ion engines with the infinite battery. They don't use much nitrogen, mostly energy.
You should add solid fuel engines who uses any furnace fuel, the more efficient it is, the faster you travel :p

Sockdotgif

Apr 10, 2017
You should add solid fuel engines who uses any furnace fuel, the more efficient it is, the faster you travel :p
i agree with this, however, bringing travel distance down to only interplanetary for balance.

another idea: a ram scoop block/multiblock (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bussard_ramjet) for the front of a space craft.

TL;DR for the wiki link: essentially a ram scoop is a cone or torus shape in front of a space craft (sizes varying from 1 meter to 1 km) that collects gasses in transit, compresses them until either 1) they under go fusion, or 2) they use the compressed gas in an ion engine (which you already have in the mod)

DataSoong_

Apr 23, 2017
I can't post it, so i am posting a image of it.
upload_2017-4-23_19-28-51.png
and, how to find dark matter? i know it's on the belt but i can't find it.

Last edited:

Fingolfin

Apr 24, 2017
Great addon. I love what you did with the Mehen Belt and Seth. I did come across a problem though. I was going to post a crash report but mine looks almost identical to DataSoong_'s. (excepting the mod list of course) The difference is I only get the crash when trying to render the sky of one of your dimensions while the mod Extra Planets is installed. I tested this crash with version 0.4.4 of your addon, 1.6.2 of extra planets, and these three versions of Galacticraft: 463, 486, and 489. The crash only happens when trying to load the sky of one of your dimensions. All the other dimensions work fine. For me this can be worked around by setting the render distance as small as can be so that the sky won't render. It may also be useful to know that adding optifine into the mix stops the crash but... lets just say I've never seen a graphical glitch like that. In the end I can continue to play by adding optifine and turning off sky, sun, moon, and stars. That fixes everything except one of the best parts of galacticraft is the sky. I just want to fly my mothership to many different planets and stare at the stars as they speed by. Anyway I love the addon keep up the good work. Just thought I would post this just in case it helps.

Reactions: Sockdotgif
Status
Not open for further replies.