Addon [1.7.10] Amun-Ra 0.4.8 - Now with Motherships [NO LONGER SUPPORTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasperbjerby

May 12, 2017
Can you fix the "bug" that i still get this message: "you are not allowed to use this mothership" when i am op on the server? And maybe add a way for people to allow other people to use it...

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
You mean the Mothership Configuration Terminal? You can only change who is allowed to enter the mothership in that.. Not who is allowed to use the configuration terminal, Navigation Console and so on...
Oh hm. I guess I haven't thought of that. On the other hand, should allowing people to enter your ship also automatically allow them to steer it? Maybe I should add a second permission tab. Also good point, ops should always be able to use that stuff.

For creative fuel-less travel, you can always use /mothership_move. I guess I can try adding infinite fuel cans at some point... Maybe after I finish those boring tasks, like fixing the sky rendering

Kasperbjerby

May 12, 2017
Oh hm. I guess I haven't thought of that. On the other hand, should allowing people to enter your ship also automatically allow them to steer it? Maybe I should add a second permission tab. Also good point, ops should always be able to use that stuff.

I think you should make a second permission tab.. And is there any way you could make a more expensive new machine that makes true gravity in the mothership? :)

SnailsAttack

Jan 8, 2017
I think you should make a second permission tab.. And is there any way you could make a more expensive new machine that makes true gravity in the mothership? :)

This would be useful, as your gravity generator is currently broken due to the new zero-grav physics.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
This would be useful, as your gravity generator is currently broken due to the new zero-grav physics.
It is? In that case, that's a bug.
I don't think "true gravity" is even remotely possible without some serious GC hacking. It's not like I made it "weird" on purpose >.<

Srsam

May 19, 2017
Out of curiosity, are you thinking of upgrading the mod to 1.8.9, 1.10.2, or 1.11.2?
Thank you for reading this,
Srsam

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
I will upgrade when I get around to it.

In the meantime,
AmunRa-GC-0.4.6
This is mostly a bugfix release:

=== 0.4.6 ===
- allowed rockets to be started from motherships
- fixed several issue with sky rendering (asteroid fields and rings should render properly now)
- auto-set matchUsersByUUID to false on "offline" servers (Apparently Client and Server get some random UUIDs, which never match when offline)
- tried updating the transit progress bar client-side
- upgraded to GC 495
- added a sanity check for mothershipProviderID, should prevent collisions

genius64

Content developer
Cosmic Horizons
Giant Galaxy
Jan 18, 2017
can you port amun-ra with motherships to 1.6.4?

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
I definitely won't do 1.6.4 or any version below. I'm not even sure inhowfar I will backport new features to 1.7.10 once I've done upgrading to 1.8, since there seems to be a lot of difference...

In other news, I have a new version:
AmunRa-GC-0.4.7

=== 0.4.7 ===
- minimal GC version is build 498
- made the Artificial Gravity Generator work using the new events
- made an animated texture for the AGG, added particles when it's on
- made an animated texture for dark matter
- the Artificial Gravity Disruptor now has to be enabled (rightclick), and will work from any point in the inventory

Artificial gravity now actually feels like normal gravity. The default strength setting of "5" corresponds to overworld gravity. At least in survival mode, in creative, it seems to randomly enable flight mode for some reason.

Reactions: MJRLegends

hyvesisdood

May 26, 2015
Sounds cool, but I've got some questions, how are you going to make information to make it easier for the users how to use every blocks and item in the game? Which sort of fuel do ion propulsion engines in your addon have?
And I've also got a suggestion:
make new blocks, so players can make particle accelerators, just in order to do stuff with particles like producing antimatter. Speaking of the antimatter, how about adding antimatter propulsion engines and thrusters to the game? Also, how about adding plasma engines and thrusters? Plasma engines work on lithiumhydroxide (LiOH).

Sockdotgif

Apr 10, 2017
Sounds cool, but I've got some questions, how are you going to make information to make it easier for the users how to use every blocks and item in the game? Which sort of fuel do ion propulsion engines in your addon have?
And I've also got a suggestion:
make new blocks, so players can make particle accelerators, just in order to do stuff with particles like producing antimatter. Speaking of the antimatter, how about adding antimatter propulsion engines and thrusters to the game? Also, how about adding plasma engines and thrusters? Plasma engines work on lithiumhydroxide (LiOH).

ion engines are plasma engines. Read this

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Hmm, some sort of documentation would be useful at this point...

Ion engines run on liquid nitrogen at the moment

edit: regarding docs: vos6434 started a wiki once: https://github.com/katzenpapst/amunra/wiki
I'm not sure if it's better to use github's wiki or the wikia one, and I don't care much. But some agreement should be reached. Anyway, I'd like some help with that. Just stub pages with things like "Name of the block", maybe screenshot, maybe crafting recipe would be enough. I then will add the actual description.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.