Addon [1.7.10] Amun-Ra 0.4.8 - Now with Motherships [NO LONGER SUPPORTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyvesisdood

May 26, 2015
Hmm, some sort of documentation would be useful at this point...

Ion engines run on liquid nitrogen at the moment

edit: regarding docs: vos6434 started a wiki once: https://github.com/katzenpapst/amunra/wiki
I'm not sure if it's better to use github's wiki or the wikia one, and I don't care much. But some agreement should be reached. Anyway, I'd like some help with that. Just stub pages with things like "Name of the block", maybe screenshot, maybe crafting recipe would be enough. I then will add the actual description.
how about the antimatter engines to add? I'd like to have star trek features in the game too. Also, have you considered adding more solar systems?

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Antimatter: maybe.
More solar systems: no. I'll be glad if I manage to flesh out all the planets and moons I added to the Amun-Ra system. For more solar systems, look at the other mods posted here.

hyvesisdood

May 26, 2015
pra, I've been doing a little research, I've found out that the ion propulsion engines in development in the real world need both a propellant, which is xenon, a noble gas heavier than nitrogen and electricity. Here's a video of how a real ion propulsion engine works, it might help your development and knowledge.

Speaking about the xenon, this is the first used method to get xenon gas from air, it happened first in 1898, scientists William Ramsey and Morris Travers got xenon as residu of the distilled liquid air.
So, there might be 2 steps to take to make xenon, step one: liquify air, step 2: distill the liquid air.
Do a little research on that.
This means you will have to add a distillator/air separator, air liquefier and more stuff. More info about air separation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_separation
So, don't forget to add these features for an update, to make it more realistic in ion propulsion.
Another propellant for ion propulsion is dilithium (Li2), which could cause your mod to get a little feature from the series of star trek. In these series, it's found in crystal compound, which seems to be fictive. However, if dilithium crystals are explored, found and if there's any hard evidence to prove it exists, it no longer can be considered as fictive. Here's more info about this compound: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilithium
For the production/synthesis of dilithium, ask a chemist

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Well, Xenon was my first thought, too, unfortunately it doesn't exist in GCs gasses enum. My second idea was that on some planet you could gather Xenonhexafluoride and get Xenon from that. I mostly took Nitrogen because it's readily available atm and I wanted to get the Ion engines working soon :p
It's not even impossible to use Nitrogen as propellant, Xenon is just more efficient. I think if I actually get around to add some way to obtain Xenon, I will make the ion thrusters accept both gases, and be more efficient when running on Xenon

Sockdotgif

Apr 10, 2017
Mh, I'm not that much of a trekkie. Also, ionizing dilithium would just give you lithium ions, which are even lighter than nitrogen. Which is still being actually used, though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_thruster#Comparisons

Also, I actually do have lithium crystals: spodumene is a lithium-containing mineral

Matter Overdrive compatibility maybe? it has mine-able dilithium crystals (requires diamond pickaxe)

also: will work on the wiki after i get out of class at noon my time today. hope to get a majority of the machines done.

hyvesisdood

May 26, 2015
Speaking about making antimatter thrusters, lest say you have just 1 antimatter thruster base and 1 antimatter thruster jet, the spaceship has a mass of 10 ton. How far can it reach, what will it's speed be and what will it's thrust be?

Also, speaking about the spaceships, you already can build docks for shuttle rockets. Now I've been getting the following ideas for spaceships. Lander: allows spaceship to land on a planet/moon.
Then we have that device that teleports the player to a telepad by beaming him/her up. It's like what we have in star trek: "Scotty, beam us up". Usual for 2 things, then also the player needs a special item which remotely controls the beam or by command (/beammeup). Going to a planet by it, just stand on the telepad and let the device place you on the planet the spaceship orbits.

Other ideas which are advanced are:
add more stars and the dyson sphere feature (starting your own type 2 civilisation);
Make a system for spaceships for another drive, even faster than with antimatter engines: warp drive;
turrets, missiles launchers, tractor beams, etc.
Forcefield and micrometeorites

Last edited:

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Right now I'm trying to port the mod to 1.8. That's not going to be done anytime soon, I'm afraid: I'm not even through doing the obvious changes, I haven't even started on the whole blockstate or rendering stuff...

But, meanwhile, there is another thing: should I rename this mod? I'm not quite content with "AmunRa". I'm thinking about renaming the celestial bodies as well. Something more science-y might be better. But what? Anyone any opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.