Addon [1.7.10] Amun-Ra 0.4.8 - Now with Motherships [NO LONGER SUPPORTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeraldLight

Feb 25, 2016
Kepler 186f
Right now I'm trying to port the mod to 1.8. That's not going to be done anytime soon, I'm afraid: I'm not even through doing the obvious changes, I haven't even started on the whole blockstate or rendering stuff...

But, meanwhile, there is another thing: should I rename this mod? I'm not quite content with "AmunRa". I'm thinking about renaming the celestial bodies as well. Something more science-y might be better. But what? Anyone any opinions?

I believe renaming and redoing the whole feel of the mod is necessary. Also updating to 1.11.2 instead of 1.8

Last edited:

Jack Dixon

Jun 4, 2017
Sorry for being impatient but, when will this addon come out for 1.10.2? I love the look of the planets and motherships

Selvetrica

Feb 9, 2017
Hey perhaps you can help me. I am using this mod with Galaxy Space also and the option to make a Mothership doesn't show up. Do I need to go up in a certain rocket or something or perhaps the mods are conflicting in some way?

AugiteSoul

May 15, 2016
Hey perhaps you can help me. I am using this mod with Galaxy Space also and the option to make a Mothership doesn't show up. Do I need to go up in a certain rocket or something or perhaps the mods are conflicting in some way?
Disable the over-glitchy GS custom GUI.

Selvetrica

Feb 9, 2017
What exactly am I supposed to change in the config because I have

# Enable/Disable New Galaxy Map.
B:enableNewGalaxyMap=false

# Enable/Disable new Main Menu.
B:enableNewMenu=false

and is still is not there. It offers to build a Space station just not the mother ship.
Also don't know if this is relevant but the Motherhship dimension id was conflicting with another mod so I changed it to -2300. I dont think that would effect it but Im trying to get all info there so you can try to help me fix this

Last edited:

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
I believe renaming and redoing the whole feel of the mod is necessary. Also updating to 1.11.2 instead of 1.8
From my understanding, the differences between 1.8 and 1.7 are much larger than between 1.11. This whole JSON stuff is the main problem.

Sorry for being impatient but, when will this addon come out for 1.10.2? I love the look of the planets and motherships
Not soon. It's a horrible pain in the ass...

igornov

Feb 3, 2016
Добрый вечер, pra

Прошу прощения за то что пишу на русском.

Поставил последний билд и у меня краш. Пробовал и предыдущую версию - то же краши. при запуске майна. Только 0.4.6 нормально с GC 497.
GC 498 уже нельзя скачать а с 501 вылетает в краш при запуске даже с 0.4.6.

Attachments

• crash-2017-07-28_23.26.30-client.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Добрый вечер, pra

Прошу прощения за то что пишу на русском.

Поставил последний билд и у меня краш. Пробовал и предыдущую версию - то же краши. при запуске майна. Только 0.4.6 нормально с GC 497.
GC 498 уже нельзя скачать а с 501 вылетает в краш при запуске даже с 0.4.6.
этот краш потому-что у тебя 497. Там кое-чего нехватает и с ним работать не будет.

Попробуй 502 и запости лог оттуда.

conkleon

Mar 12, 2015
I havent heard from this mod for a while is it on pause or is it dead? (hopefully not... its one of my favourite mods!!!)

Jun 17, 2017
I havent heard from this mod for a while is it on pause or is it dead? (hopefully not... its one of my favourite mods!!!)
I think Pra's just busy getting the mod to 1.8. He probably also has a personal life that takes a sizable portion of his time. I can't wait for Amun Ra 1.8 to come out! To bad we have to wait.

I refuse to believe this mod is dead. It's too horrible to imagine!

Last edited:

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Hey Pra, can I use this in one of my modpacks? It is on curse.
yes.

"It is not dead which can eternal lie...!"
That said, I don't really have time to do much coding lately. That, and porting to 1.8 is a huge pain in the buttocks. I'm actually considering starting anew and pretty much redoing the whole mod. I'm also considering kinda splitting it, that is, making one part which is just the motherships, and then another one which is planets and stuff.

vos

May 31, 2015
yes.

"It is not dead which can eternal lie...!"
That said, I don't really have time to do much coding lately. That, and porting to 1.8 is a huge pain in the buttocks. I'm actually considering starting anew and pretty much redoing the whole mod. I'm also considering kinda splitting it, that is, making one part which is just the motherships, and then another one which is planets and stuff.
Would suck to see it split up but happy to see new addons!

Jun 17, 2017
If you start anew, would you be opposed to "addons" to your mothership portion of the mod? I have some ideas I'd love to add to them, but don't have the coding know-how to create my own version of the motherships.

P.S: I think "O.As.I.S." would be a better name than motherships (Orbit-ASsembled Interstellar Spacecraft)(It isn't my best acronym :D)

genius64

Content developer
Cosmic Horizons
Giant Galaxy
Jan 18, 2017
этот краш потому-что у тебя 497. Там кое-чего нехватает и с ним работать не будет.

Я сильно удивлен))

igornov

Feb 3, 2016

на 502 всё ок, вроде как. Ты молодец что сделал такое!!! Я не ожидал что такое возможно.

Sockdotgif

Apr 10, 2017
i think pra is on the right track with splitting it. those who dont want the planets and just the motherships part would be able to do so, i still believe more in the meta-tier system though.

Reactions: vos
Status
Not open for further replies.