1.7.10 External Sealable IDs

JakXLT

May 16, 2014
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't fully understand how this works now. I'm so used to just putting in numbers that NEI tells me and it working but now I'm not sure how to find the ID of a block I need to seal. Any help would be appreciated.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Put the ID numbers from NEI into your config as usual, start the game, enter the world and have it load up an Oxygen Sealer (for example, grab an Oxygen Sealer from NEI and place it down). Watch the game output right after that (you'll need the Minecraft Launcher to stay visible), or look in the log afterwards. Galacticraft [config] messages will be there telling you the names to use instead of the ID numbers.

You only need to do this once - or if it's a modpack, the modpack maker hopefully did it for you already.

The reason for the change is that in Minecraft 1.7 the ID numbers are different in each different world, you will see that if you are using an older save and compare it with one you make today. The ID numbers are kind of random, it depends which mods you had installed when the world was first created. Galacticraft tells you the names to use instead of the ID numbers. If you use the names, you won't have any problem when the ID numbers change.

(Actually it's normally OK to use ID numbers for vanilla minecraft: items, those won't change unless your setup is very wacky.)

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
It's the same for External Detectable IDs and External Sealable IDs. An example from my log:

Code:
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:coal_ore instead of 16
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:diamond_ore instead of 56
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:gold_ore instead of 14
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:iron_ore instead of 15
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:lapis_ore instead of 21
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:redstone_ore instead of 73
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:lit_redstone_ore instead of 74

The External Sealable IDs info will be in the log only if there was an Oxygen Sealer used in the world. Look in the log after the player joins the world.

You can use metadata as well, for example modname:block_name:5 where 5 is the metadata. If you don't specify any metadata, Galacticraft assumes metadata 0 for External Detectable IDs (so only metadata 0 will be detectable), and all metadata for External Sealable IDs (so all different versions of the block will be sealable).

JakXLT

May 16, 2014
It's the same for External Detectable IDs and External Sealable IDs. An example from my log:

Code:
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:coal_ore instead of 16
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:diamond_ore instead of 56
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:gold_ore instead of 14
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:iron_ore instead of 15
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:lapis_ore instead of 21
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:redstone_ore instead of 73
[01:29:01] [Client thread/INFO] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: [config] External Detectable IDs: the use of numeric IDs is discouraged, please use minecraft:lit_redstone_ore instead of 74

The External Sealable IDs info will be in the log only if there was an Oxygen Sealer used in the world. Look in the log after the player joins the world.

You can use metadata as well, for example modname:block_name:5 where 5 is the metadata. If you don't specify any metadata, Galacticraft assumes metadata 0 for External Detectable IDs (so only metadata 0 will be detectable), and all metadata for External Sealable IDs (so all different versions of the block will be sealable).

Cool thanks!

Last edited: