[1.7.2] Galacticraft Core, Planets 3.0.1.170 & MCHeli 0.9.3 Keybinding/Zoom Conflict

wellandfine

Nov 14, 2014
MCHeli has a zoom function bound to Page Up / Page Down allowing the player to zoom in or out in third person while in a vehicle. Installing Galacticraft removes this ability and simply changing the keybindings for MCHeli does not restore it. I've looked through both Galacticraft and MCHeli's config files and on the forums here and couldn't find anything else that seemed related to zoom levels/ability to zoom. I'd like to know if there's something I can do on my end to fix this or if they are just incompatible. (I'd ask MCHeli's creator, but I don't speak Japanese.)

Any insight would be appreciated.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
We don't speak Japanese either :(

I've never heard of that mod. I'm not sure if a fix Galacticraft's side will be possible, but we can take a look. It might take a while though, like maybe 1 week.

wellandfine

Nov 14, 2014
Darn. I know it isn't your job to make sure every other mod is compatible with yours; didn't want to make any extra work for anyone. But if the looking/fixing isn't something ridiculous, it would be appreciated and I'm happy to wait.

Thank you for being willing to look into it.

wellandfine

Nov 14, 2014
Not sure if this is being looked at anymore, but if anyone has this problem in the future - updating to Minecraft 1.7.10 and the latest versions of these two mods seems to fix the problem. Don't know why, but 3rd-person zoom in vehicles now works with both mods installed in 1.7.10.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Thanks for coming back, I'm sure that will help someone else. There are probably 25 people viewing the forum for each 1 person who posts.

It's always a good idea to use the latest version of Galacticraft, we are continually fixing things.