16x16 textures!

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I agree with you that there is a mixture of 16x16 and 32x32 textures currently, which looks a bit weird.

I'm not sure it's possible to have a game option to change textures - the only way to do it is through resourcepacks. (Especially in Minecraft 1.8.9+ it would be impossible to change any other way as the textures get "baked" in during Forge loading or resourcepack loading.)

If you - or someone else - wants to make a resourcepack offering high quality 16x16 textures for things which are currently 32x32 - or the other way around! - then we can look at including it in the mod download, or else giving it a link from our wiki. Currently we suggest people look at the Aeon Extension resourcepack which is made by our own Ezer'Arch.

Personally I like the 32x32 textures which we have, but I agree some of them don't match the aesthetic of the rest of the mod - mainly the solid tin / copper / aluminium blocks.

You might like to pick one texture and post up a preview of the 16x16 equivalent you have in mind?

Reactions: genius64

ZetronPlayz

May 7, 2017
Ok, a quick question though. Will the 1.8.9+ GalactiCraft versions add new items/blocks because I want to re-texture the new items/blocks too.

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
Ok, a quick question though. Will the 1.8.9+ GalactiCraft versions add new items/blocks because I want to re-texture the new items/blocks too.
yeah the 1.8.9+ already have new blocks and items over the 1.6 and 1.7.10 versions, hope that answered your question :p

Edit: And they probably plan to add more in the future

ZetronPlayz

May 7, 2017
yeah the 1.8.9+ already have new blocks and items over the 1.6 and 1.7.10 versions, hope that answered your question :p

Edit: And they probably plan to add more in the future
Thanks, exactly what I needed. (By the way, loving the ExtraPlanets addon!)

vos

May 31, 2015
I agree with you that there is a mixture of 16x16 and 32x32 textures currently, which looks a bit weird.

I'm not sure it's possible to have a game option to change textures - the only way to do it is through resourcepacks. (Especially in Minecraft 1.8.9+ it would be impossible to change any other way as the textures get "baked" in during Forge loading or resourcepack loading.)

If you - or someone else - wants to make a resourcepack offering high quality 16x16 textures for things which are currently 32x32 - or the other way around! - then we can look at including it in the mod download, or else giving it a link from our wiki. Currently we suggest people look at the Aeon Extension resourcepack which is made by our own Ezer'Arch.

Personally I like the 32x32 textures which we have, but I agree some of them don't match the aesthetic of the rest of the mod - mainly the solid tin / copper / aluminium blocks.

You might like to pick one texture and post up a preview of the 16x16 equivalent you have in mind?
Mods like quark add custom textures that you can configure in config,

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
1.8.9+ uses underscore_file_naming.png instead of camelCase.png, as in 1.7.10. You can use the same textures but you have to rename them. Pay attention to the directory tree structure as well, it may have changed.

And probably you'll need to change "pack_format" to 2 in the pack.mcmeta. Just test it. Otherwise Minecraft will think your resource pack tastes Ye Olde 1.7.10. :3

Reactions: ZetronPlayz