A big thank you

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
My play group is done testing Mods on my private server

they are ready for the primary game

I wanted to give a thank you to folks on this forum for your advice and assistance.

Rad talked me into trying Mekanisum... they loved it

Rad and others also talked me into taking a second look at NEI which is now our primary craft guide

Ezer assisted me with some config issues

and a few other folks and their insights into multiple mods was tremendously helpful.

The only other Mod we are using is the dimensional anchor from Immbis to assist with Teleporter use in Mekansium ( yes I tried Chicken Chunk, crashed the server every time I installed it on the most current version of forge ) Dimensional Anchor worked first time, every time and the teleporters are now all functional.

We feel like we will have a heck of a world with Glacticraft +Mekanisum :)

Downloading all the latest releases tonight for 1.7.10.

We all wanted a solid Glacticraft server with good supporting Mods... it looks like you folks steered me in the right direction

Very excited to finally start up a long term server for my playing group ( will have it hosted on MCProHost ) Thank you everyone for your help and advice! :D

and please feel free to comment or suggest anything else

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Long term? Yes, I made it with Mekanism and Galacticraft once in a 3 days to space station without any help, alone. I hope that it will last you for more time :)

Dwight

Sep 12, 2014
Well everyone plays Minecraft in a different way, and there no wrong way to play minecraft.

We have had a Vanilla server with no mods up for over a year

We had a Mo Creatures server up for the same amount of time

If you look at the game as if the entire game is to achieve a particular thing, then sure, no game would last more than a week or two, but that is not the case for us. We are not in a race, we are building a world... or series of worlds in this case,

For us we consider a server we will have running with no world reset for 6 months or more long term.

But we are a small group of players, and by vote we decide what mods we will use, if and when we do a new game etc.

My wife will spend a week just collecting flowers are arranging them around her place ( chuckle )

Reactions: Hanakocz