A bunch of ideas

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
Hello.
I downloaded this awesome mod a while ago, and i want to share some of my ideas.
But at first, i want to apologize for my English, it's not my native language, so i can write something wrong.

1. Terraformer
There already was thread with this idea, but mine is slighly different. My idea, is to make block like Oxygen Bubble Distributor, that will make big, purple bubble, if provided enough energy and materials. The Terraformer itself would be really expensive to make, and to begin, terraformator would require tons ef energy, and 10-20 of EACH salvageable item in overworld. While some would be easy to get (cobblestone, dirt) some would require more time (obsydian, items mined with silk touch)
After providing all these things, Terraformator would create big bubble, around 100x bigger, and working differently than one from Oxygen Bubble Distributor. Terraformer bubble would look like bubble above terraformer block, but under terraformer block, this "zone" would be looking like cylinger going from terraformer block, to lowest Y axis. After creating big bubble, filled with life-sustaining air, Terraformer would begin to clone "source" blocks and materials we provided, to make Overworld-like environment. Something like part of overworld on other planet, random biomes, dugeons, caves, etc. After doing all these things, Terraformer would only require small amount of energy to maintain energy field (bubble), that prevents air from escaping, on planets or natural satellites with low gravitation (like moon)

2. Jetpack
Well, i think everyone what jetpack is, and what it does.
Jetpack would be really usable on space stations, to build somethings under station, or just flying around. Jetpack would require rocket fuel to fly. There could be also a speciall block, to refuel jetpack.

3. Gravity Boots
These boots would be expensive to make, and after pressing something (maybe G) these boots would improve (or worsen) gravity. For example, on Overworld players would want to worsen gravity, to jump a bit higher, and on moon players would want to sometimes improve gravity, for example, when moving around their base. Of course these boots affect only player that's wearing them.

4. Gravity Block
Same as above idea, with one difference. Gravity Block (find better name plz) would work like Oxygen sealer, but instead of filling room with air, Gravity Block would change gravity in sealed room.

@Edit

5. Swimming and choking in oil, Breathing under water when having full oxygen gear.
^This.
Oil should at least slow falling, right now oil acts like air.

We also cant breath when underwater, while wearing full oxygen gear. I believe, that this gear is perfectly hermetic, if it works on moon. But it's not working underwater? Full oxygen gear should at least extend time we're able to spend underwater.
Breathing in oil should be possible too.

@Edit

6. artificial satellites and GPS
If we can make space stations, and send rockets to space, why dont send satellites too? These would provide connection with other planets (COmputerCraft etc.) and allow us to make some things like GPS (well... Without satelite GPS still could be made, but wont work)

GPS would look kinda like map, but unlike map, GPS could be zoomed in, out, would update zone automatically (Map have to be switched, one map = one zone)and would allow us to set waypoints. When setting waypoint, little arrow could pop somewhere on screen, to show us where to go.

7. Cargo Rocket
Took straight from http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/computer-controlled-launch.1995/
There could be new, special station, that dont vanish when launching rocket, like actuall one. On these stations, player would place ONLY cargo rockets. Cargo rockets, thanks to sacrificing player space, would have 152 slots, and would fly only from one station, to another one (On same planet too) Homever, due to heavy load, this rocket would require 1.5% more fuel than tier 1 rocket.

@Edit

8. Tin Decoration Block Stairs and Slabs
No explanation needed

@Edit

9. Launching rockets with redstone
There could be option to connect launching pad to redstone. Click! Rocket launched.

@Edit

10. Vacuum Pump
Taken from http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/some-new-oxygen-machines.2027/
use : would work as the opposite of the sealer,instead of filling a room with O²,it would remove O² from a room,even in overworld,would allow to make really working sas and also to simulate space in overworld for training,for example to see if your sas will work
Really good idea

Those are all my ideas so far.
Will update thread if i will invent something else ^^

Last edited:

Jappards

Aug 2, 2013
1. there should also be an upgraded version which adds a bubble that stays forever.
2.a jetpack would be very neat to have.
3.Gravity Boots would be a very nice addition to this mod, they should be expansive to craft thought.
4. Gravity Boots should override the Gravity Block.

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
I know that these items can be found in these mods, but why dont add them there too?

@Edit
Added 3 new ideas

Last edited:

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
3, & 4 are awesome, the jet pack has good reasons, but there are flight mods/jetpacks/ /gamemode 1
I think if it were added it would be ok, but the question is, how many people would just use another mod
that they like, instead of the Galacticraft jetpack
Vacuum pump is awesome

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
3, & 4 are awesome, the jet pack has good reasons, but there are flight mods/jetpacks/ /gamemode 1
I think if it were added it would be ok, but the question is, how many people would just use another mod
that they like, instead of the Galacticraft jetpack
Vacuum pump is awesome
Gamemode 1 is creative. Free and unlimited flying. Idea of jetpack is to make flying avaible, but not free (making jetpack, getting fuel)
Also i bet, that some ppl wont download mods like Industrial craft just for one item

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
It
Gamemode 1 is creative. Free and unlimited flying. Idea of jetpack is to make flying avaible, but not free (making jetpack, getting fuel)
Also i bet, that some ppl wont download mods like Industrial craft just for one item
True, maybe it should be part of a spacesuit?

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
Yea, good idea... And Spacesuit would be required to fly to more harsh planets, like mars. Good one, maybe i will add i to first post, as idea from you :D

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Yea, good idea... And Spacesuit would be required to fly to more harsh planets, like mars. Good one, maybe i will add i to first post, as idea from you :D

i think space suit AKA heat pressure suit will be added to the planets with dangerous climates.

No Secret message, maybe an other one?

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
which video? It's GIF... and this GIF is IN MY SIGNATURE so it WILL be in every post i'm gonna make, unless i will REMOVE IT from signature

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
Very annoying GIF btw. But yeah,i would love if we had jetpacks. Horizontal airlocks, airlock switch blocks(Would work on both of the sides,just like parallel lever) Ability to create more than 1 SpaceStation. And yes,my favourite, BIODOMES!!!!! Animals,Trees,Green Grass(Not black as usual,in moon) Creeks, Lakes and all of that accessible by one Sealer, which would require more air collectors as the area grows, and not like a tiny 9x9x9 area.

Reactions: Formula350

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Black Hole?
They are rarely generated in space and when they generate, it will appear on the gui screen. If you launch to the black hole you get sucked up and die. But if you are in creative, it will send you to a random planet (Moon, Mars, Overworld/Earth).

Reactions: hellomynameis

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Black Hole?
They are rarely generated in space and when they generate, it will appear on the gui screen. If you launch to the black hole you get sucked up and die. But if you are in creative, it will send you to a random planet (Moon, Mars, Overworld/Earth).

Very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very

Nice idea...

I just typed this all (-_-)