A question about youtube videos of GC3

Danese

Aug 20, 2013
Earth, 2021: 2 seconds out of sync
Hey guys, Daniel here, and I have a question about youtube videos of GC3.
Before I start, I just wanted to say I can't find a place to PM micdoodle8, and I tried to pm on twitter but haven't heard back from him.
Also, if anybody knows a place where I can PM him, please say so :).
My question: I was wondering if I could do a survival series with GC3 in it. I'm looking for a good mod to do a survival series on, and GC3 is my 1st choice :). It's and amazing mod! I really enjoy galacticraft and am greatful for all of the work that has been put into the mod. It is truely the most amazing mod I have ever seen :D.
In the video description, I will be sure to put a link to micdoodle8's home page (micdoodle8.com) unless there's a different place micdoodle would like people to go to for the mod :).
Thank you for reading, and I'm sorry if I am not supposed to post this here. Again, if there's a place where I can PM misdoodle8, please let me know :)
Thanks
-Daniel

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
We have a site with FAQ and About page with License: http://micdoodle8.com/mods/galacticraft
23. The restriction on persons selling Galacticraft for money or "trying to make money from it" does not prevent: [...] (c) a person from making a video recording of a Galacticraft gameplay experience and distributing that video on Youtube or similar internet distribution channels and making money from that channel.

Tip: for all copyright-related questions, always check the license.

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Hi Daniel,
Like Ezer'Arch said, the license states that making a YouTube video is totally fine. In fact, we appreciate great videos about the mod, and yours will probably be one of the first for GC3.

However, one thing I'd suggest to you - we are about to release version 3.0.3.200 which will be a 'stable' build fixing a lot of bugs, may even be the last release before GC3 stops being in beta (if all goes well). Should be ready in the next 1-2 days. So you should wait until that version is out before you progress as far as any of the planets. It shouldn't stop you from making your first 1 or 2 episodes at the start of the game, basic base-building and machines, everything in those episodes will be the same in version 199 and 200.

Also if you need help with any of the new machines or aspects which aren't yet on the Wiki, you're welcome to ask. I'd recommend building an Electric Arc Furnace as soon as you have the materials for it as it doubles your metal output. Desh armor has a knockback reduction buff (it's heavy and tanky). Titanium armor has a fall damage reduction buff (it's light and strong). Water Electrolyzer machines will be working in build 200. We didn't yet make anything special for the T3 treasure chests on Asteroids, but we might have done that by the time you've reach the Asteroids...

Danese

Aug 20, 2013
Okay, thank you :)
I will hopefully be recording the videos today =D.
However, they may not be available until Wednesday (for public access)
I am planning on making a technic modpack for galacticraft in case I find anybody who wants to record with me :). It'll make things alot easier.
The modpack will be through the technic launcher. Are there any special requirements for the modpack to be on the technic launcher?
Also, 1 more thing to note, I am under the age of 18, so all of the videos I upload I make no money off of.
Thanks
-Dany

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Sure, sounds great. If possible, please show us a preview of your final cut, that way we can help if there's anything more to add.

Danese

Aug 20, 2013
I'd be honored.
How would you like me to send it to you? do u have a preferred means of me sending it (like skype)? Anyway is good, just keep in mind that theres school for me tomorrow, so I might not be able to send it to you guys untill after school if I don't see your reply untill tomorrow.
Do you want me to show some crafting recipes?
If so, do you want the most important or all of the newly implemented recipes?
Oh, and if you want to communicate more easily, my skype is Daniel_does_minecraft. Im usually always able to answer my skype unless, of course, i'm at school :p
My preferred means of contact is skype. :)
Thank you for helping me with that and letting me to be able to create a mod review of Galacticraft. It is an honor :D

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I suggest don't show recipes (unless you are crafting something in survival mode anyhow). Players can already find the recipes on NEI, CraftGuide or the official wiki.

Also don't rush it, it may take more than one day seeing as how you have school as well.

You need to decide whether this is a showcase, a tutorial or a let's play, and plan accordingly.