A version of Galacticraft without planets

leveljaap

Apr 3, 2017
Hello,

I've got a Minetopia server where I've got Galacticraft installed to make fast travel possible. I like everything about Galacticraft but the planets are making the server slow. It would be awesome if the other dimensions could be disabled. I don't need them anyways because you can buy the rockets from npcs so schematics are not needed. Could you make a special version of Galacticraft with just the stuff, no dimensions?

Leveljaap

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
No, not going to happen.

As I've already explained on the same issue posted on our Github issues list, this part of what you wrote: "but the planets are making the server slow" is not correct.

Galacticraft planets do not make a server slow. Maybe there's stuff on the planets which makes the server slow, but that's exactly the same with the Overworld, it depends what is built in bases built there. On a big server with a lot of mods installed and a lot of players online together, Galacticraft planets possibly actually make the server faster.

If you're having a specific server tps issue with Galacticraft, you can send me detailed Opis or Warmroast diagnostics and I'll take a look. Normally, when I take a detailed look at this, I find the cause is not Galacticraft at all...

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

leveljaap

Apr 3, 2017
That sure is weird because when someone goes to Venus the server begins to spam the console with running ticks behind which makes the server slow. When that person has left Venus AND the server restarted it works fast again.

Anyways, I understand that it won't happen. Thanks anyways!

Leveljaap